Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

New server ideas

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Jake, Aug 9, 2012

Which new game mode(s) would you prefer?

Gun Game 8 vote(s) 32.0%
Zombie Riot 4 vote(s) 16.0%
Surfing 16 vote(s) 64.0%
Jail Break 5 vote(s) 20.0%
DE/CS 5 vote(s) 20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dec 30, 2011
    I see we've only got ze/zm/mg servers. Surely a community as big as PF's could take advantage of the other game modes. I know servers can be expensive (depending on the size) and it could be risky diversifying in such a way, but these are just ideas. I also don't know if we've had any of these in the past either, if you have and they've failed - fair enough.

These could include:

• Gun Game (gg)
    • Zombie Riot (zr)
    • Surfing
    • Jail Break (jb/ba)
    • DE/CS

If you're unsure about what some of these game modes are don't mind asking, I know all of them very well.

Please take part in the poll attached to this thread
  2. Nov 11, 2011
    Gungame was awesome but we took down the pF one. Zombie Riot became boring after a while (personally), I'd rather play Killing Floor. Surfing would be nice to see, especially with Nyro's new map. JB... meh no comment.
  3. Aug 1, 2011
    Pretty sure every one of those ideas has been brought up and shot down. We HAD a gg server but no one played on it!
    JB is the root of all trolling/rule breaking and has been said before to be too much of an admin nightmare.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Oct 27, 2010
      • Gun Game (gg) <---- Had it, empty all the time,
      • Zombie Riot (zr) <--- I believe we had this too, don't think it did very well
      • Surfing <--- LOADS of loyal competition, not sure it would take
      • Jail Break (jb/ba) <--- It's been brought up a lot, just too much administrative demand and other issues
      • DE/CS <--- What's that?
      Keep in mind that CS:GO is coming out at the end of month too, which is going to take up resources.
      • Useful Useful x 1
      • Jun 18, 2012
        I think he means maps like cs_office and de_dust. A ''normal'' server you could call it I suppose. I doubt that'd be populair though since most PF members are there for the mods.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jan 21, 2011

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
          • Agree Agree x 5
          • May 31, 2012
            I think a PF surf server would do well. Many of the old surf servers that have such loyal following are so competitive nowadays. Maybe if ours did something a little different, put the focus on something other than rigorous timed competition.
          • Nov 29, 2010
            Unless we go Non-steam again, this server will always be empty. And when it was non-steam, it would have a hacker every 10 minutes
            • Zombie Riot (zr)
            Very demanding on the server to have bots running around, a fun game mode, but not worth our resources
            • Surfing
            Too small of a player base to be worth hosting
            • Jail Break (jb/ba)
            No. It's been brought up in the past, this will never happen. It's a nightmare for admins and absolutely not worth babysitting players.
            • DE/CS
            I'd like a deathmatch server, sometimes admins would blow off some steam and fiddle with commands on the training servers and a get-together to play some deathmatch.
          • May 30, 2012
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Oct 17, 2011
              Hide and seek is really fun dude but it gets boring if it keeps getting played the whole time and people stop playing it. That's why there are two maps on rotation of hide and seek by to tony Montana and my first map was also there but there seems to be glitch in it and i'm too lazy fixing it :razz:
            • May 30, 2012
            • Oct 17, 2011
              You would think of it really fun and it is but it gets quite boring. The first mg map tested with hide and seek was my map and it got extended 4 times while picking hide and seek and people loved it but then it started getting boring. I don't think there should be HnS server cause it will get empty the next week. Let hide and seek maps stay on mg for not rewening the fun of it so quick and getting played once in a while.
            • Jun 20, 2012
              I used the frequent a hide n seek dedicated server. The player numbers at peak hours would only get up to 25, and during alot of the non-peak hours would fall to 0. I also noticed that I would only recognize one or two people each time I played. My bet is that once you have been through the full map rotation once or twice, then you have probably already found the best spots... Then all you do is sit there for a while until you win.. gets boring = /. Probably why I stopped returning as well lol.
            • Nov 14, 2010
              • Dec 2, 2011
              • Jun 20, 2012
              • Dec 2, 2011
                • Like Like x 1
                • Apr 9, 2007
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • May 30, 2012
                    :vampire:

EDIT: BTW @Kyle can you tell me about CS:GO? do you know if ZE will be on it later ? because i LOOOOOVE ZE :>
                  • Jun 20, 2012
                    !!!!! what does this mean !!!!! Spill it Kyle >.>I've had a rough week and I want answers!!! RAWWRRR
                    • Funny Funny x 1