Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion New Skins & Levels. No New Skins In 4 Years?

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by ..::Enthralled::.., Mar 1, 2017

1. Jan 21, 2011
  2. Jan 25, 2014
    I think you could replace the zombie that is a human with no skin and just the muscles showing with the dog.

I would find it very entertaining to see dogs running around trying to kill me.
  3. Feb 25, 2014
    Yeah, give up those two skin to open two more slots for awsome new skins, it's just a total waste only such a few people can use those skins.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • May 31, 2012
      I like the progress of these ideas, but I understand the tradeoffs of adding new skins firsthand... namely, the download time. I'm glad it's being considered to remove some of the old skins and allowing skins for the lower tiered groups.

I tried what I thought might be "novel" approaches in another server and so long as I kept the skins limited ie. having such skins and introducing small things like self-beacon for donors, but they didn't take as well as I expected. It would seem that PlagueFest should cater to their audience who are demanding new features and skins, but it seems the greater and more general Counter-Strike Source population likes the "good old" and "traditional" stuff they are used to; if they wanted new, then they likely transitioned to GO. I still think some soft changes might not be a bad idea.
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Apr 9, 2012
        About the old ones switching out with new ones, can be cool, but the skins as they are now is really how I know PlagueFest to be. Then again, if there are skins that are only seen once in a year, then that would be a good idea to move them over to more used slots.

On the other hand, when you see this rare kleiner or gman skin, you know there's a special person on, which I always felt was kinda cool. But, that's just me I guess...
      • Apr 26, 2015
        • Apr 28, 2013
          • Apr 26, 2015
          • Dec 28, 2014
            Personally as a 5 year+ veteran of pF i like how the skins are and I don't think having multiple skins helps at all. there are plenty of shitty french servers out there that allow loads of custom skins, and playing on those servers is like cancer for your eyes. Its like running thru a constant pack of zebras.

and as for multipliers we have thought about them, they would also be cancer for our server. It would be awful for newbies and be ran by veterans like rpgs servers. This will turn away any newcomers as they get destroyed by the completely OP teemos, clearlys and jedis of the server.
            [pF] jedi, Mar 4, 2017 Last edited by [pF] jedi, Mar 4, 2017
          • Mar 31, 2011
            And yet we still have the Bloodsucker skin that looks awful... :frown:
          • Sep 22, 2010
            I've said this for years.... but I want hl2 Barney skin.
          • Apr 9, 2007
            • Funny Funny x 2
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Artistic Artistic x 1
            • Apr 26, 2015
              Finally some logical suggestions. Add pls.
            • Feb 12, 2017
              Now we must play Jenga or Tetris to kill the chumans! :fingers-crossed:
            • Jul 13, 2011
              Status update on this entire situation? I know a lot of people are eager to know, myself as well.

Good idea.
            • Aug 6, 2016
              I'm pretty hyped myself. This is my last chance to become a doctor. They kicked me out of med school because I kept trying to operate on myself.
            • Apr 26, 2015
              I'll vote for moving the Dr Kleiner to admin or donator. Lots seem to want it and it's a great incentive. @Lead Server Admin @Management for any input.
            • Feb 27, 2012
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Sep 25, 2010
                • Agree Agree x 1
                  Detonator, Mar 12, 2017 Last edited by Detonator, Mar 12, 2017