Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

New Star Trek Movie

Discussion in Movies started by [31Bravo] Ray, Feb 4, 2013

1. Aug 18, 2006
    Is anyone else looking forward to the new movie? After the new Super Bowl trailer I'm totally geeking out... I know some people aren't a big fan of JJ Abrams' reboot, but I personally liked it.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Looks like the new Enterprise crash lands on Earth. Kind of a sad thought, really. But as Picard says in Star Trek First Contact... There's plenty of letters left in the Alphabet.

[edit] Whoops, can someone move this to Movies? Forgot about the subforum.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Jan 12, 2011
      Like I said in my status, I think they'll be moving on to 1701-A after this movie since it looks like this ship will be utterly trashed. :hammer:

Edit: Also, I like JJTrek since it's made Star Trek mainstream again. He seems to know what he's doing while making the franchise more accessible and exciting. The former 'Next Gen' movies seemed to lose focus and generally be less interesting. 'Nemesis' was especially bad for all the missed opportunities and plot holes.
      Vadleon, Feb 4, 2013 Last edited by Vadleon, Feb 4, 2013
    • Aug 10, 2012
      The problem I have with the newer Star Trek films is that they are so action orientated compared to the older series's (TOS-NG)
    • Aug 18, 2006
      True. One of the strengths of the tv shows were that they were thought provoking. The movies.. Not so much.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • May 5, 2012
        Tell that to Inception, unless you're talking about the Star Trek tv shows/Movies only. :smile:
      • Oct 29, 2010
        Well I can't imagine he was implying that no movie has ever been thought provoking. :silly:

I'm stoked about the new movie, loved the first one and I'm definitely a J.J. Abrams fan.
        • Zing! Zing! x 1
        • May 31, 2012
          I am super stoked and can not wait to watch this movie. I enjoyed the first one very much. To top it off... Spok is Sylar from Heroes hahahahah awesome - I wish he would the top of people's head off in here too and be hungry for power.
        • Jan 12, 2011
          Well, he is a Vulcan; his telepathic abilities and mind melding means that he can definitely get inside your head, just not the way you're accustomed to. Since it transfers thoughts and feelings, I think it's safe to say that it would be very... intimate if he wanted to meld you to death. :pain:

And of course if that doesn't work, he still had brute strength going for him. Vulcan strength in Star Trek seems to be underplayed a fair amount (excepting TOS), since I'm pretty sure they're on par with Klingons physically. It's just that we don't think about it since they're always calm and collected.
        • Jul 8, 2012
          You just gained 10 cool points. I LOVE heroes.

Back on topic I am excited, I love Star Trek.
        • Jul 14, 2008
          Yeah, this is one of my MUST-WATCH-ON-THE-PREMIERE-DAY movies this year. I loved the first movie since the very beginning.
        • Jan 12, 2011
          this movie had best be GODDAMN AMAZING since i'm going to the midnight release.