Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

New things?!

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Haystack94, Oct 21, 2015

1. Jul 16, 2012
    I have around 1k to spend, I'm looking to upgrade my GPU, SSD, and monitors.

Currently running :
    EVGA 470 GTX 1.2 gb
    A standard 500gb HD, 5400 RPM
    and running a dual-monitor setup :
    19.5 Dell (came with a pre-bought PC) and a 20.5 AoC (Donated from a friend)

If anyone has any suggestions of any sort on what to look for, I'd be so happy!

Also Hi, I used to be known as P@P@ if anyone may/may not remember me :grin:
    Post Merged, Oct 21, 2015
    I've looked around and found the following :
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_3&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER (x2)

Any input on these items? :grin:
  2. Jan 21, 2011
    Do you really need a 144hz monitor?

I'd go with the 500gb ssd.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Aug 7, 2012
      go for a regular 24" monitor and an SSD, that'll make a huge difference for not a lot of cost. if you're upgrading the GPU you'll most likely have to upgrade the power supply as well.
    • Jul 16, 2012
    • Oct 18, 2012
      You'll be fine with the power supply then, I have 2 monitors 24 inch and a 20 inch with a gtx 760 that all hold on with a 650 watt
    • Feb 27, 2012
      This is all preference. Personally i love my 144hz monitor and can't stand anything less now. So @Haystack94 you could always just get one, you definitely don't need 2 unless you intend on playing your game across multiple monitors. Just use your 144hz for gaming, and something cheaper (or your old monitors) as your additional monitors. It would be a serious waste of money if you got 2 and you were only gaming on 1...

This. They've been on sale for a while now, and just keep getting cheaper. The 500gb is definitely its price.
    • Jan 21, 2011
      I went for size and resolution over refresh rate and got a 27 inch 1440p Asus and its gorgeous.