Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

New Video Card - Experiencing Crashes! Help*

Discussion in Technical Support started by mathroy3, Nov 23, 2013

1. Apr 3, 2011
    Hey guys, I just bought an AMD Radeon HD 7750 graphics card last week and an additional 4 GB RAM Module for my PC. It's an Intel Core i5 3.33 GHz with 10 GB of RAM (with the new addition), my Power Supply is 400 W, and that's about what it takes to make my graphics card run. I'm not a pro and I don't know what's the problem, but it seems like the ONLY game that is working perfectly is PlanetSide 2. Whenever I start a game on CSS, CoD, NS2, etc, my PC just reboots itself completely after like 2 minutes of gameplay! After my PC has restarted, it says "An unexpected shut down has occured". This is incredibly annoying, I can't play my games... Anyone has suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks!
  2. Feb 27, 2012
    Could be lack of power (might need a stronger power supply) GPU could be overheating, could be the new stick of RAM (try removing it and playing games) or maybe even your driver.

Download this program http://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion and install it. Boot into safemode, uninstall your current graphics drivers. Then once you uninstall them, run driver fusion to get rid of the AMD drivers completely (and run Nvidia or Intel if you had one of those graphics cards before you upgraded) and then completely reinstall your AMD Display drivers. That's the first step i'd take. After that, monitor your temperatures with http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Dec 6, 2011
      1. Make sure your PC isn't running too hot (could be overheating, use CCC.exe to check temps/loads)
      2. Turn it off and on again (yeah, seriously)
      3. Try re-seating the GPU
      4. Download/install or uninstall/reinstall the latest drivers
      5. Double check your PSU is able to supply enough power. Many websites can help, as well as the PSU product's site. My 6770 required a 500W PSU even though some places said 450W for it, and those two are closely related. PSUs aren't always exact on their wattage, and the wattage isn't always exactly what you want to look for in a PSU, because you also want to check the Amps on the +12V rail.
      6. Double check that it's your GPU causing the problem. Try playing without it (could've been a program/driver update you installed same day, coincidences happen)
      7. Try it on another computer if possible
      8. Try it with another PSU if possible
      9. Download older/legacy drivers to see if current ones are giving you problems
      10. Double check this list to be sure
      11. Contact the company for a replacement
      12. Burn down company HQ

EDIT: Damnit @Tony the Titty Whore you slut, let me know when you do this so I don't have to take a break from my Dexter binge! :disdain: slut x1
      • Like Like x 2
        Brett, Nov 23, 2013 Last edited by Brett, Nov 23, 2013
      • Nov 28, 2013
        If you have Windows 8, and upgrade to 8.1, you will experience BSoD a lot. But I have managed to fix this issue myself with some driver downgrades then upgraded to the newest GTX 770m Drivers. I can run CS:S on ultra with no problem.....
      • Apr 3, 2011
        Hey Brett, thanks for that list. I've done everything but #7, #11 and #12.

Ok so a little update on what's happening right now:
        I now have a 520W PSU and my PC was still crashing completely. I've downloaded/installed a couple different drivers (3 or 4) until I hit the good one. Now that my PC isn't crashing, my GAMES are... Or my game minimizes after 30 sec of gameplay, then I click on the game's icon to go back to the game but I still can't see anything (I see my desktop though) and I can hear every sounds from the game. So I still cannot play!
        I think I've tried every possible f*cking drivers... Any idea of what I should do now?

Thanks again for the replies.
      • Mar 20, 2011
        Have you tried removing the 4GB Dimm you installed at all? If not, remove it and try with that Dimm removed otherwise it sounds like still not enough power or a hardware defect with the GPU card.
      • Aug 2, 2010
        Like my fellow sluts have mentioned, you seem to be having either defective RAM, not enough juice (560W seems low for the parts you have), or a defective GPU. Is the RAM stick you purchased identical to the one already in the rig?
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Apr 3, 2011
          Thanks for the reply, and yes I have tried removing it... Still the same crashes occur.
        • Dec 8, 2013
          is your computer plugged in?
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Apr 3, 2011
            Thanks for the reply rxn, I don't know if it's identical, I'll have to check that next time I open my desktop case. But I tried removing it and I still had the same issues... And also I just bought that Power Supply at Best Buy and the guys told me it should be high enough to run my GPU. So it could be a defective GPU? Because I've tried lots of drivers and still my games are crashing or minimizing for no reason.

Thanks again!
          • Apr 9, 2012
            400 Watt is very low. A 700+ watt costs like almost 50 bucks
          • Dec 8, 2013
            400watt? jesus christ. i didn't think they even made them that low anymore.
          • Nov 11, 2011
            You need a minimum of 600W, 750W+ recommended. 400W is extremely low and will crash under load.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Dec 8, 2013
              unless you have like a really bad electric bill you need to worry about i'd suggest doubling the power supply.
              • Zing! Zing! x 1
              • Apr 3, 2011
                Didn't you guys read my most recent post? lol okay. To answer :::, my PC is 3 years old. I just bought a new 520W Power Supply, the guys at Best Buy were telling me that it would be ok for my GPU... And Sajak, are you sure? :frown:............
              • Nov 11, 2011
                It's still not cutting it. You need higher wattage under load. I've worked for Best Buy as a Geek Squad member and a recruiter. Trust me, most of them don't know shit.
                • Like Like x 1
                • Mar 20, 2011
                  Get yourself a 800+ PSU and then if it still fails more than likely the GPU is faulty. One other food for thought is to also upgrade your motherboard Bios as well.

Cheers

@sajak
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Nov 11, 2011
                    Bastard, I was telling him this among other things in Steam chat :shock: :

[IMG]
                    • Funny Funny x 1