Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Nexus 7

Discussion in Android started by Ghost, Jul 9, 2012

Will you be getting the Nexus 7?

Yes. 2 vote(s) 25.0%
No, I prefer the other tablets. 2 vote(s) 25.0%
No, I just don't like tablets. 4 vote(s) 50.0%
  1. May 14, 2011
    An official Google tablet?

Google has always been a company i like and trust.

I will be selling my tablet after the holidays "Asus transformer TF101 32GB" and probably be getting this (or its successor) just because I know Google will have done a great job with this.

Also I think that plain android is better than the tweaked versions.

I like it because is has a 7" screen. 10.1" is just too much tbh. I would rather get a net book than another 10.1" tablet.

7" is the right size be be able to carry it EVERYWHERE.

What do you think?

EDIT: Forgot to do a poll. Derp.

EDIT2: Just realised I can make one anyway. Derp.
  2. Oct 27, 2010
    I have a kindle fire and i find it kinda useless now that i have my galaxy note; i think the 5.3" or whatevery size is perfect personally. Its a little hard to have a 7" unless you have a bag with you.
  3. May 14, 2011
    Well if you have a not thats a phone/tablet. I have seen that phone and its massive.

My phone is only 4.2" i think. So a 7" tablet would be perfect, however, a 10.1" is just too big. Its a holiday only tablet which renders it useless.
  4. Mar 31, 2011

Did you find anything wrong with it or is it just "outdated" now?
  5. May 14, 2011
    Bad resolution, quite heavy, bad without the keyboard dock.

And its too big to carry around with me.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dec 6, 2011
      @Ghost, honestly, sell the tablet, buy a decent laptop for the same/a little higher price.

I don't find tablets to be very useful other than for playing portable games. I guess I could see getting one for a few small reasons, but I just think they're a waste of money. Don't get me wrong, I think they're cool, and it'd be fun to have one, but the hundreds of dollars for an over-sized iPod is not my thing.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Nov 29, 2010
        A tablet is not worth the money when you have a laptop or a smartphone, A laptop gives you as much portability and more flexibility when it comes to doing stuff, not to mention all the portable games are beginning to flock over to google chrome too.
      • Jul 1, 2010
        I was really contemplating getting a Nexus 7 until I picked up a Samsung Galaxy S III.. The 4.8" screen makes it big enough for me to do pretty much everything and it's big enough to use a capacitive stylus on. I'm expecting a Jelly Bean (4.1) port to occur very soon and there has already been a stock kernel upgraded to 3.0.36 for the phone (stock one is 3.0.8). And yes, for anyone wondering.. the S3 is freaking amazing.

As far as something a bit bigger... I'll stick with my Nook Color running either CyanogenMod 9 or AOKP.
        • Informative Informative x 1
          Dharkk, Jul 9, 2012 Last edited by Dharkk, Jul 9, 2012
        • Feb 14, 2012
          I had an Asus Iconatab for a while no problems. I love my iPad right now so I don't intend on changing but Android tablets are great little things to have around.