Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

NFL concussions -_-

Discussion in Sports started by Badgriuel, Apr 15, 2013

1. Jul 20, 2010
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...family-riddell-football-helmet-lawsuit-041413

Yep way to go stupid ass Jury in Colorado, if your going to play a sport that has you hitting other players then don't bitch about getting hurt or concussion's. Our world is getting way too soft and it's getting out of hand. Anyone that's watched NFL growing up or just a few games knows there is a risk of injury.

You don't hear Futbol players suing FIFA and the different leagues because of the damage caused to their ankles, legs and knees. You don't hear lawsuits coming out of the FIA when a Formula 1 driver dies or is severely injured during a race, practice or qualifying weekend, the same applies to the other divisions of Formula racing and Rally racing as well.

I hope on appeal the case is thrown out, if you don't want to get hurt don't play a sport that has a high risk of injury or death simple as that.
  2. Jul 1, 2010
    We are talking about high school in this case so it's a bit overboard IMO to compare them to professional athletes, their brains not nearly as fully developed as an adults which I could see causing them to be a bit more fragile, but if there wasn't an actual helmet defect then I agree.
  3. Jul 20, 2010
    I know but what people see with NFL players suing the league is now cascading down to highschool football probably will hit college football as well. The jury said the helmet wasn't defective in anyway, but it's like come on if your going to play a contact sport expect to get hurt.
  4. Jul 1, 2010
    Yea I heard about that also, but since this is a victory for a highschool player it can cause more lawsuits to come out of the wood work.
  6. May 31, 2012

I just don't understand... people... anymore... lol...

[IMG]
  7. Jul 20, 2010
    All football players should wear F1 racing helmets from now on, they can take a metal spring to it at over 125mph and you come away with a minor injury :razz:.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Apr 9, 2007
      Heh, you can repair body parts for the most part so long as there's no nerve damage. The mind is something that's a bit more severe. Don't you worry though, Obama is on the case with research.
    • Jul 1, 2010
      I'm actually really looking forward to that brain mapping initiative.. I genuinely think it will help all around. Not only with the treatment of diseases but maybe even changing football helmet padding to adapt to weaker areas of the brain.
      • Useful Useful x 1