Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Nightfury needs to learn the rules

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Gaybraham Lincoln, Mar 30, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 9, 2012
    He just initiated a random mapvote on ZM1 in the middle of goldstar for no reason other than that he probably didn't like the map.
  2. Jun 4, 2006
    Well, map votes are illegal to do and is used for laggy maps only. Otherwise, people have to rtv to change the map and more important, that was my first map!!!! Nightfury, it is a big mistake to make map votes just because you do not like the map. What if others liked it and we're enjoying? Let them rtv next time. It is best for them and especially for you because I did a map vote in th past and got in trouble. I am sure someone else will explain more clearly then me but I gave my words thought
  4. Jun 4, 2006
    Probably shouldn't start throwing shit around when we don't know the whole story. Best to save your breath until both sides are heard.
  5. Aug 1, 2011
  6. Nov 2, 2010
    All I heard on the other map, was people were complaining about how crap the map is, I usually go with voting (IF) they want a map vote with a yes/no answer. I barely care about map votes to be honest, I just use rtv or nominate and leave it at that. This mistake is on my part, I appologise for any misconceptions I may have caused. And if it seems worthy, when no other admins are rhetorically bothered to use a map vote, then yes I will use it. But I will use the long way, as I always do.

I am sorry for any unintentional outcomes from this event Gaybraham Lincoln, and rest assured. Next time I will use the long way, I did however ask several times if people wanted a map vote, without using the long way as I always do. So do not expect anything like this again.
    I am sorry if this severed your experience on the servers, and will make it my top priority to set things straight with you, and with the issues that were faced today. Aka; I will use the long way to see if people are interested in a better map. I tried to randomize the map list as best I could. But clearly that one rule slipped my mind, as I have stated before. It won't happen again. If you want a map change in the not-so-distant future, I will use the ask vote, then the map vote. Sorry about this. I swear I just repeated myself over 20 times.
  7. Jun 4, 2006
    Not sure why you're doing map votes in the first place. If players want a new map, let them rtv - simple. You don't have to play god with maps.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Mar 9, 2012
      No need to worry about my feelings, I'm not mad. I don't like to run and tattle, either, but I knew this was something out of line that needed to be addressed. It has been and I'm sure everything will be fine now.

Apologies for confusing the reason on why it was done. Now that I have a mic I pay a lot less attention to chat and so if people were complaining about the map I never saw it.
    • Dec 7, 2010
      Its great to see players taking part in the community to the point where they are familiar with pF rules and regulations. This not only keeps good order on the servers but insures that our admins are doing a good job.

Thanks for your feedback Gaybaraham. :thumbsup:
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jun 4, 2006
        Thanks for bringing it to our attention Lincoln, appreciate it. Most players don't take the time regardless of how severe and it makes battling admin abuse & ensuring admins are in-line difficult at times.

and thanks for the explanation NightFury. This doesn't constitute any action so I'm locking this. Moral of the report - if players don't like a map, just let them rtv... nominate a good map for the next one as well if you want.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        Thread Status:
        Not open for further replies.