Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion Nipperhouse

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by [pF] LuciD, Jan 20, 2016

1. May 31, 2012
    Few nights ago, me and some other zm regulars hopped to the mg server decided to get a good game going. We cycled through some maps like fy_ice, break floor, and all that. We did a vote on changing to nipperhouse where we stayed there for a good while. Anyway. I thought it would be cool if we had a 24/7 nipperhouse. The way I see it, we have a 24/7 Lilapanic server that no one seems to use. I'm not a very tech savvy person but I was wondering if it would be possible to flip that into something positive, in this case, nipperhouse. Thoughts?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Mar 26, 2012
      What are the pros and cons? Benefits and risks?

I think the way the customer server is right now is good and replacing the panic server would not give us any additional benefits. Customs could potentially be xmas_nipperhouse as long as you want it to be if a level 3+ is on and pretty much almost everyone on the server is on board with leaving the map as xmas_nipperhouse. I cannot see a 24/7 xmas_nipperhouse server having a regular player base or bringing in additional players.

Obviously an LSA+ can use !extendmap to extend the map as long as players want to. Not as good as !extendmap, but a level 3 can change the map to xmas_nipperhouse even if it was recently played. I would still want that level 3 to follow normal procedure with map changes (even back to the same map) by asking other admins if they are OK to putting it to a vote. If all admins agree then to use the !vote command asking to keep the map as xmas_nipperhouse with the first option being null and that the map would be changed if a landslide majority (like >75% excluding null votes) agree to keep the map as is.

I took a screenshot of the scoreboard right before I left last night. Although there was only 4 active players on the map at the time, there was 8-10 earlier.

• Useful Useful x 1
        Aprz, Jan 20, 2016 Last edited by Aprz, Jan 20, 2016
      • Dec 17, 2007
        If it's not going to give any additional benefits or do any harm, why not give it a try? The way I see it is that the 24/7 panic server has never really been populated since i've been here, especially since I became an admin. If it's not going to really do any good or harm by changing it, then at least see what happens, you never know.

But then again I don't really hop onto the servers much anymore, but when I have been invited to MG it's one of the maps that is always played, one that everyone likes.
      • Oct 11, 2012
        This has been said time and time again. Just because there are empty servers does not mean we have to replace them. That is not how the infrastructure is set up. PF doesn't simply have a "server" for every CSS/CS:GO server that is up. The game servers are all running on the same server (or same multiple of servers).

They can spin up new game servers on the current server at no additional cost, so there really is no need to shut servers down as there is no gain... unless PF hits a point where they are taxing the server resources as such.

Note, this is not for or against said suggestion... just clarifying details.
        • Like Like x 2
        • Feb 1, 2011
          Considering the meager pop that customs attracts currently, it seems silly to split the population between two servers IMO.

24/7 Goldeneye and Smee have been proposed in the past, and failed to materialize for similar reasons if I'm remembering right.
        • Jan 3, 2013
          Who knows if it will work out for Nipperhouse........ Since the 24/7 panic server is always empty now, why don't have it tested in there? If it doesn't work out, just change it back.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Oct 11, 2012

I don't think ya'll understand how a CSS server works. It's not as simple as just changing the map when the server is currently running ZM already.

Now you could copy the custom maps server/config and create a new server using that and set the map to only be Nipper.
          • May 31, 2012
            Im just saying since we have some dead servers, why not try to fool around with them a bit. :hammer::hammer:
            • Like Like x 1
            • Jun 19, 2015
              seeing how much people enjoy playing nipper house and how fun it is its not a bad idea at all.
              • Like Like x 1