Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

No bhopping in ZE?????????????????

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by s3th, Jan 18, 2012

1. Jan 8, 2012
    I am just curious who established the no bunny hopping rule and why in the ze server, which I was unaware of until just recently trying the server for the first time. How does skill become an illegality in a server? It takes years of practice to perfect, and those that do it with scripts are easily noticeable over the masses. You punish those who use outside methods / scripts / cheats, but you punish those aswell with a quick finger?

It really disappointed me to the point that I really don't even want to play in that server for such rule. I'm sure its been argued before, but just want some info on how this came to be please. If it can be argued is their a way we can have it over ruled, polls, vote, etc.

2. Apr 9, 2007
    ZR glitches out causing Zombies to fly forward, there are a number of topics in regards to this already if you look in the Server Admin section.
  3. Jan 8, 2012
    So restrict to humans only then?
  4. Apr 9, 2007
    That is what is set. Zombie:Reloaded deals with classes very strangely (doesn't handle late cookie loading well at all).

Again, there are a number of topics already discussing this. Please read one of those.

5. Feb 1, 2011
    Bhopping, though fun as shit, provides an unfair advantage on ZE which is not present in ZM. Mainly for zombies, who can bhop and catch up to walking humans, but humans as well - like getting to door buttons, etc, more quickly than intended. ZE is supposed to be at a set pace, and bhopping upsets that balance.
  6. Jul 20, 2010
    Also people that would bhop as humans would go on ahead and hit triggers way in advance which would lead to most of the team dying and people would use it to troll. Ze is supposed to be played with everyone running as a group, not some people that can bhop go on ahead and use it as an unfair advantage. Also what Kyle said go look at the past topics that are about bhopping on ze. Thanks.
  7. Jun 4, 2006
    Tell that to everyone that takes the easy way out with mousewheel and fps capping... also skins that allow donors and admins to jump higher/further certainly doesn't help make it any harder. On a server like ZE, the game play / balance is ruined by individuals who bhop, legit or not, as they can easily dominate on any map. I personally wasn't involved in the rule, or any of ZE's rules for that matter, nor do I play ZE but this is my understanding.
  8. Oct 29, 2010
    This is really the best way to look at it.
  9. Jan 8, 2012
    Ok.... I guess I won't be playing on ZE servers then.

offtopic: Even if you tell people to use mousewheel people still can't bhop and I've played 10 years and have never heard of fps capping? It took me a lot of scoutzknivez and hours of bhop maps over a LONG time to get very good at it. Never done anything other than use my mousewheel, work smarter not harder.
  10. Jun 4, 2006
    You're just misinformed I'm afraid. It's very easy to do, and works very well.
  11. Nov 14, 2010
    Wow... you won't play on our zombie escape server because it's set up to be fair, and you want an unfair advantage?
  12. May 27, 2008
    Whatever. Your choice. They won't miss you. I guess we won't be expecting any promotion requests from you either.
  13. Jan 8, 2012
    I'm sorry but saying you can't bhop because your better than others at it, is like saying you can't play here because your aim is better than others.

No skin off my back I still have other wonderful pF servers. :thumbsup:
  14. Jun 4, 2006
    err not quite. Your analogy would work if someone's ability to aim was considered an extra learned skill, not one required by default in the game itself. Bhopping is not required, it is an extra learned (or scripted) skill that can and does offset the balance / game play in this particular instance. Aim, on the other hand, is required and cannot be held to the same standards (unless enhanced aim is obviously gained through means of cheating, of course).

Sorry to hear the ruling has hindered your desire to play there.
  15. Apr 2, 2011
    C'est la vie.
  16. Jan 8, 2012
    Atleast your not an asshole about the situation, thanks. I guess after many years of bhopping its pretty hard to just stop so I can play on one server and seeing how I tend to forget a lot. I would be no different than the rest of these constant rule breakers. Just make it easy on myself and don't join at all to prevent recurrence.

Thanks again.
  17. Jun 4, 2006
    I feel ya, and a lot of others who bhop do too. It's unfortunate but that's just the style of ZE and bhopping can affect it negatively. :confused:
  18. Nov 14, 2010
    I fixed him... you're welcome.

Oh and, I know how you feel to be honest. I like bhopping, and it's difficult to just STOP. But it's not the reason why I don't play ZE. I have my reasons though.
  19. Mar 12, 2008

I learned to bhop in a day with mousewheel. Only scrubs use keyboard and crouch together imo.

Back on topic, ZE isn't that hard to do without bhopping. in fact, it's pretty simple.

Run to point, defend point, jump, crouch, defend point, blow up zombies, win.

no real need to use it.
  20. Aug 18, 2006
    There are scripts on ZE that greatly limit the ability to BHop. If you try, the script will limit your velocity.