Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

No fall damage in a specific area

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Fag on plafuefest, Aug 15, 2012

1. Oct 17, 2011
    Hey guys, sorry if this is a stupid question but I was wondering how you make no fall damage in a specific area only. I made a filter_damage_type with fall and disallowentitiestomatchthiscriteria and a trigger multiple with on trigger>!activator>setdamagefilter>'name of filter damage type' cause on start touch and on end touch cause a crash in your map when you disconnect in the trigger. When I tested the map and touched the trigger, I didn't take any fall damage in the spot but what's worse is that I don't take fall damage anywhere on the map now. Can anyone please tell me how to enable fall when you step out of the trigger? Gamebanana tuts didn't help,and some had the same question but I found no answers.
    Oh and i'm Mario if you don't recognize me :razz: thanks.
  2. Jul 16, 2012
    Should just place a small pool of water in the area you wish for no damage :grin:
  3. Aug 1, 2011
    I couldn't get past the fact that your name is now "Fag on Plaguefest" let alone read the wall of Italic text.
  4. May 31, 2012
    Why did you post that in italics? I can't read it without bleeding my eyes out...
  5. Jul 4, 2011
    Set a damage filter for no fall damage and remove it a few seconds later.
    • Like Like x 1
    • May 31, 2012
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Lol my bad for italic. I sent it from my Oncle's iPhone and it was the first time I logged on there. This is now from my iPad. Thanks @Tony Montana and sorry enviolinador and devious toast.
    • Jan 24, 2012
      Make 1 trigger for the area you wan't to disable fall damage for and some other triggers surrounding it. If they leave the area it enables and if they enter the area it disables, you get the idea. Make sure the spawn has fall damage enabled in case the round ends while someone is inside the area.

Edit: I don't know what settings to use for the entities but this method should work
      kirby8989, Aug 15, 2012 Last edited by kirby8989, Aug 15, 2012
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Ok so make triggers around the one with no fall damage and set filter damage to none to enable fall damage again? I really don't get how to make a filter damage type to disable.
      Edit:wtf why did they change my name back to super Mario?
    • May 31, 2012
      You don't need triggers surrounding it. OnEndtouch will do.

EDIT: @Super Mario to disable just set the damagefilter to nothing, to none, leave it blank.
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Check valve dude with the filter damage type. It says a warning that when a player disconnects with an output of onendtouch if he is inside the trigger, it will crash the map. That's why I'm here asking.
      Edit: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Filter_damage_type
      Edit2: how do I set it to none and when? Ok here is the output I think I should make @enviolinador
      Ontrigger>!activator>setdamagefilter>nofalldamage and delay 0.0
      Ontrigger>!activator>setdamagefilter>none and delay 0.1 where it disables it.
    • May 31, 2012
      I think that's not true on CS:S, legoland uses OnEndTouch in a few places (at spawn, where lots of people leave) and nothing happens.

SetDamageFilter>() <----Write nothing.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
      • May 15, 2011
        I too use onstarttouch/onendtouch and I have never heard of shit crashing because of them. It might be an old bug that was fixed and never removed from the wiki.