Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

No Fall Damage

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by sajak, Mar 26, 2012

1. Nov 11, 2011
    I tried to search this issue on the forums and didn't find anything related. I've noticed in zm_battleforce_panic_pf_v1 (and zm_battleforce_panic_ua), there is no fall damage. I am not a donator or admin (obviously) so is no fall damage part of the map or is this a server glitch?
  2. Nov 29, 2010
    Hmm. As a human? That is quite odd. Perhaps the mapper designed the map that way? Looking back at it, I haven't seen any fall related deaths on that map
  3. Dec 6, 2011
    Yea, I'd say most likely from the cannon being added. Haven't seen a CT die from being shot out of the cannon.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • May 15, 2011
      Mappers can decide what damage you take in the world. So most likely, the mapper added a filter_damage_type and removed fall Damage from the map.
    • Dec 7, 2010
      The no fall damage is set as part of the map attribute. In other words the mapper can decide if a map should employ fall damage or not.

Edit: Pinkie beat me to it. :razz:
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the input. One thing I did suggest to Tony Montana was maybe if we teleported the players that double stack on the elevators back to spawn automatically. Somewhat the way we have it on zm_4way_tunnel_pf_final. That is the only complain I always hear and experience: "QUIT DOUBLE STACKING!!"

For one, the elevator doesn't move and second, the person that is being jumped upon, glitches and falls through the elevator. It's frustrating.
    • Dec 7, 2010
      In Battleforce many of the elements and the way they function have many deep levels of strategy implemented for the purpose of balanced play. For example, the cannon was added to allow when only a handful of players may be on-line. Some areas can only be defeated with a zombie-train and with a total of a couple of dozen players and few zombie spawns that cannon even outs the odds. The opposite is also true, where the server is full and everyone is trying to fight over the cannon when the best strategy would be to utilize a zombie-train.

The cannon manipulation buttons were designed to be affected by gunfire allowing defensive measures by the CTs (the AWPs would be the best method for this). Again this was done to balance out play. As for the elevators (lift), that's why there are two of them working on opposite sides. The more zombies pile on, the less effective they become. Again, there are many levels of strategies implemented to balance out play.

As for the elevators (lift) on 4-way, since there is only 1 elevator and is the primary method to reach the top, it necessitated a method to circumvent players from double-stacking.
    • Jul 28, 2011
      Wait, so these buttons activate when they take damage, too? If so, this changes everything! :razz:
    • Nov 11, 2011
      lol I like it that the CT's can shoot the buttons to manipulate the cannon. Sniper rifles can save the day on that map.
    • Dec 7, 2010
      Yes, the map has more depth than you originally thought huh? :razz:

In addition, the cannon has a 10 second recharge cycle (it can only be fired once every 10 seconds).
    • Jan 8, 2012
      Yea on top of 20 retards spamming cannon buttons trying to ruin everything you also got 20 CT's spamming the buttons with awps. Very frustrating map lol.