Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

No Halloween :/

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Burnout, Oct 28, 2011

1. Aug 10, 2011
    I just needed somewhere to rant, anyway my family's not celebrating Halloween this year :frown:. Last year we only had 7 people come to our door, it's not what it used to be. Halloween used to be so much fun, I just wish I could pass on something i loved so much to the next generation.

It's been a slow decline the number of people that showed up at our door dropped 4 years ago from 70 something to 16, then 11 then 4 and finally 7. Over the past few years our street has become more multicultural, representing allot more religious views and ethnical groups. These aren't the only reasons for the decline, I am one of the youngest of my generation, everyone else is older than me and no longer goes out or celebrates Halloween and they are only starting to have children of their own. There is a new generation with more children in our neighborhood, but allot of them once again don't celebrate, those of you that know me know I'm always complaining about the abundance of religious missionaries that knock on my door every other day. Allot of people on our street have converted to Mormonism and other religious groups.

To be honest I respect these people and their cultures/traditions/religious views, but at the same time I do have a prejudice against them and I find myself frustrated with them because they've in a way taken away part of my culture and traditions.

This isn't meant to be a hate thread, I personally would like to see someone else's point of view, whether you celebrate Halloween or not. These are simply my own thoughts/opinions.
  2. Apr 2, 2011
    I personally am not a fan of Halloween, but I love to make the little ones happy when they come to my door and what not... but now and days it is almost non existent... sad...
  3. May 27, 2008
    I can confirm that Mormons celebrate Halloween and they actually have pretty neat stuff at their church in their parking lots called Trunk or Treat. Basically, you go car trunk to car trunk getting fat loot of candy Halloween night.
  4. Feb 18, 2011
    My kids will never trick or treat with you.
  5. Aug 10, 2011
    Don't forget there are different sects of pretty much every religion, my neighbors don't celebrate Halloween, as I'm sure some do. It's like how some Mormons, Mormonism itself is considered a sect of Christianity and some Mormons even call themselves Christians, they read the bible and share some views while differentiating on many others.
  6. Oct 29, 2010
    I never celebrate Halloween.

Well, I never did until I came to UCSB.

Heh, heh, heh. . .
  7. Sep 6, 2010
    You can actually search for Halloween night club parties. Those are still popular and if you are in a big city then this won't be a problem.
  8. Feb 18, 2011
    I'm still going trick or treating, I will dress up as a hipster or a terrorist. Either way I want to troll my suburban uptight city.
  9. Jun 17, 2011
    I'm all for Halloween lol I don't really trick or treat much because I'm usually bringing my little brother and baby cousin trick or treating around neighborhoods...[IMG]
  10. Aug 4, 2011
    I still trick or treat who wants to pass up free candy or when they leave a bowl with candy outside and it says "take only two" fuck that take the whole thing. :thumbsup:
  11. Mar 12, 2008
    Lets leave the bible fights out of this thread. this is for Halloween, i mean Jesusween.

lol silly christians.
  12. Feb 18, 2011
    Lol religion. I love jebusween Christ cant take it from me.
  13. Feb 11, 2011
    When I was a kid I remember getting 2-3 pillow cases full of candy.. Now as I take my daughter Trick or treating she maybe gets a hand full. My old neighborhood would be lit up, with people on the porches, and hundreds of kids running up and down the streets going door to door. BUT now I barely see 2-3 kids. Its really sad. I blame the candy company's, they markup candy prices. I was at Wal-Mart the other day and a bag of 25 mini butter fingers was like $8, a pack of 100 dumdum's was like $15.
  14. Feb 18, 2011
    Lucky I live in a kid dependent area of Denver.