Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

No Mercy

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by GRUDGE, Jan 15, 2012

1. Jul 28, 2011
    So I have been working on a project lately, I am recreating the L4D No Mercy rooftop level. I'm not copying or pasting anything or porting any content, it's all done from scratch.

[IMG]

I have plans to make several maps out of it: zm, dm, de, and scoutzknivez.

I still have to work on the lighting a lot, add cubemaps, adjust the lightning and thunder until I'm satisfied with them, and add some minor touches. The zm version of the map is probably the last one I'll do since I'll have to make quite a few changes to make it compatible for zm, and also I plan to add a helicopter that goes around the map. It's already about as optimized as it can be, since I cheated and looked at how valve optimized their version :thumbsup:

Here is the map as just a young fetus:

[IMG]

I'm keeping the progress of this map updated here and am also considering requests for making it compatible with other game modes.
  2. Feb 18, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jul 28, 2011
    • Dec 26, 2011
      DAMN! This is AWESOME :grin: "No Mercy" Was my favorite campaign! Now Its a CS:S MAP? YAY! Can't Wait to play it, Whats the map name (Official) So i know when to join the Zombie Mod Server(s)
    • Feb 18, 2011
      Add an NPC tank that fucks people up and give it ample health. Make it so it can hit zombies too. That would be amazing.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      This.... is.....................FUCKING SWEET! This ending is so awesome, just annoying that the heli has to come down at the end on the opposite side....hm... you should probably make a helicopter come somehow like in helicopter_mini =D

Also, I just thought of this but, why hasn't anybody turned a L4D map into a ZE map? Would be fricken sweet. (The bridge level, where you run across and get on the heli? =P)
    • May 15, 2011
      Sweet man. Can't wait to play this beast.

Keep up the awesome work sexy. :3
    • Dec 3, 2011
      [font="'Comic Sans MS"]Looking nice! [/font][IMG]
    • Jul 28, 2011

I finally found some good ambiance I'm happy with :grin:

Also, the lightning is gonna look pretty siiiick if I can get it to work right.

It's not done yet. The dm and scoutzknivez versions might be ready in a few days though. de and zm versions (esp the zm) will take a little longer.
    • Aug 5, 2010

Keep up the Good Work. :thumbsup:
    • Jun 4, 2006
      I don't know what you eat but you just shit out maps like no other. I actually thought the first pic was from L4D and the 2nd one was its current status at first. Looking forward to trying it.
    • Jul 28, 2011
    • Dec 6, 2011
      But please tell me your going to shit out a helicopter to escape on too....?
    • Jul 28, 2011
      Well this map is too short to make a ze map, but on the zm map I plan to make a choppa that goes around the map, kind of like in atix except not everyone gets nuked at the end.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Well I didn't mean an escape map, I solely meant an escape helicopter for the end, like in atix how you escape
    • May 15, 2011
      I like the idea of having a helicopter as a moving hold point. IIRC it was done in a map that I haven't seen for quite some time.

God I miss the old days. :I
    • Jul 28, 2011
      I have to agree with you, a L4D escape map would be awesome. I doubt I'll do it though :confused: at least not soon anyways. Maybe depending on how busy my summer is :razz:

Only thing I'm worried about is that the helicopter will look like a flying piece o poo compared to the rest of the map. But yes, old days ftw!
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Well I still meant a ZM map with a helicopter escape at the end if you didn't understand me. And You should look into a L4D ZE map, which would be awesome.

And to your other reply, maybe you should grab the "box helicopter" from the rollermine ZE map? :tongue:
    • Jul 28, 2011
      I don't like atix very much, so I will not follow in its footsteps and make a helicopter escape at the end. Not gonna happen :thumbsup:

I've never played rollermine. I'll download it to see what it has for a helicopter just to get an idea, but I'm not gonna "grab" it, I'm gonna make my own :thumbsup:

Also, I tested a version with bots in a scoutzknives version. I need to make it significantly brighter, and also still need to add cubemaps. The current rain/storm ambiance I have is about 30mb, so I will need to reduce that a lot. Also, if I want to keep bots from falling off of the edge, I will need to create a custom nav file (which I'm not looking forward to :razz: )

[IMG]

[IMG]

You can see in the second screen shot that it's super duper dark down there, so I need to find a way to brighten it but still make it look natural.
    • Nov 2, 2011
      all i can say is wtfpwnbbqsauce. Can't wait.