Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

No More Room in Hell

Discussion in Gaming started by Taters, Nov 2, 2013

1. Mar 12, 2008
    Wow. From the looks of it, it's a pretty cool looking game, 100% free (they cannot stress this enough) and no pay-to-win items. It appears to have started out as a mod for HL2, but is now a standalone.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/224260

I saw a thread about this on reddit just now, and checked it out. (asdhaikdfhikagdf)
    their reddit AMA: CLICK THIS

There's multiplayer, has a teamwork element relative to DayZ, and if you get bit, you have a chance of becoming infected and are able to play as a zombie.[citation needed]

It's early for me to download and check it out just now, but if anyone has any info on it, or screenshots/video etc feel free to post. The thought of being able to fall from a small height without breaking your legs in a very horrible way appeals to me greatly. No glass bones!

The fact it's a free-to-play would make for a good down-timer.

@Momo this is probably the DayZ standalone u were looking for.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
      Taters, Nov 2, 2013 Last edited by Taters, Nov 2, 2013
    • Apr 9, 2012
      Yea, @thegregster101 told me as well! He's mapping for that game for about a year now, I really should try it out. Apparantly many people are playing it now
    • Mar 20, 2012
    • Mar 12, 2008
      idk, I'm downloading it, and i'll try it once I wake up in ~8 hours or so.

It's free to play, what do you have to lose besides bandwith?

I think that's worth a shot alone. The devs seem to be cool people that know what makes a good game. I found their AMA on reddit too. Updating OP with that.
    • Feb 3, 2012
      It's TOTALLY fun and worth downloading. :thumbsup:
    • Aug 10, 2012
      I played this once with thegregster101. It's fun, but really hard. If you lost from your team you are dead.
    • Feb 21, 2007
      looks for, downloading and will have to give it a try. Better to play multiplayer or single player?
    • Aug 10, 2012
      Defiantly multiplayer. I doubt it is even possible single player
    • Mar 20, 2012
      I started with multiplayer not even sure if there is a singleplayer. Its wavebased. You find tools weapons ammo and healthitems around the maps. If u carry more items u will get slow and an easy target for some fast zombies.
      The hitboxes are usually ok but sometimes a little weird. It has a dark style, most zombies are slow but they can kill you really fast..atleast that happened to me.

Big variety of weapons with own models. Items are highlighted around the map so you will find them easy. You can carry some supply boxes to specified positions to use them like heal and weapon boxes or checkpoint regain% bags.

Graphics are nice for a hl2mod.
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • Jul 14, 2010
        We should get a group of us on mumble playing tonight. The game is pretty fun and actually difficult. Though I don't really have a clue how to do well right now lol
      • Mar 20, 2012
        same, I only played 2 maps though... I picked up so much ammo because I didnt know which on is the correct one for my weapon and so I couldnt pick up anything much more[inventory full]....I guess, sometimes it takes a while after you get used to it^^
      • Feb 27, 2012
        I played this in early versions (1.4 maybe?), back when it was on ModDB and wasn't Greenlit yet, and it was really fun. There's a decent amount of servers for it and a good amount of players. Wouldn't really call it the next Day-Z, since it's not open world. It definitely takes a lot of teamwork, but there are the douchebag blockers that stop you from getting past spawn.
      • Oct 29, 2010
        This was my immediate impression, doesn't really look anything like DayZ. Still, it looks pretty good for a free mod, installing it now.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Feb 3, 2012
          It's better to play as a team than going solo.
        • Jan 21, 2011

Installing now
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Jan 21, 2011
          • Apr 1, 2012
          • Jul 1, 2010
            For those that tried it and didn't like it, you should try out the objective mode. It's a lot of fun. Also, @PeNguiN is dumb for saying it was terrible :razz:
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Feb 27, 2012
              I've played both modes. The only thing i dislike is how god damn slow you move, and how low of stamina you have. Swing a sledgehammer two times and you're winded and can't even shove away zombies. It's fun, just suuuuuper slow paced and it kinda irritates me. I figured they would have made that a little bit better since i had last played v1.03...

It's still fun though, and i enjoy it. Also, the blocking trolls are pretty annoying too.
            • Jul 1, 2010
              The speed is kinda consistent with how slow the zombies move. The gun with the bayonet is good (forget what its called), the machete is good and so is the fire axe. How much you carry also dictates swings and sprint times and how quickly you get exhausted.

Also, use charge attacks which helps alot (hold down the left mouse button) and it hits a lot harder.. shouldn't have an issue then.