Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

No! Not like this!!!

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by halostryke, Aug 27, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 26, 2010
    Plox splain :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :mellow: :huh:

I edited out the in-game background fluff. I do believe I copied our convo in its entirety and I apologize in advance if I missed a piece.

(Private to Element, Angus Preparations LLC) [pF]Badgriuel: hey im gonna have to ask you to stop inflating the zombie numbers on purpose. If you dont get picked to be one then
    (Private to Element, Angus Preparations LLC) [pF]Badgriuel: play the map tired of seeing you doing it and others
    (Private to [pF]Badgriuel) Element, Angus Preparations LLC: i have played teh map =D
    (Private to Element, Angus Preparations LLC) [pF]Badgriuel: you know what im talking about
    (Private to Element, Angus Preparations LLC) [pF]Badgriuel: stop sitting in spawn adding numbers to zombie
    (Private to [pF]Badgriuel) Element, Angus Preparations LLC: its how i have fun
    (Private to Element, Angus Preparations LLC) [pF]Badgriuel: actually go and do the map
    (Private to Element, Angus Preparations LLC) [pF]Badgriuel: idc if you dont get picked to be a zombie tough luck
    (Private to [pF]Badgriuel) Element, Angus Preparations LLC: i got the ok on forums. as long as i am not edgoing it cool
    (Private to Element, Angus Preparations LLC) [pF]Badgriuel: and i just got the ok from ray to tell you to stop
    (Private to [pF]Badgriuel) Element, Angus Preparations LLC: i will have to ask Ray
  2. Jun 11, 2011
    I thought u could be a zombie if u wanted to? i have seen many admins do it/ also many failstreaks contain Cts who wanna be zombies. and i also dont see anything about being zombies as much as u want is against the rules
  3. Jul 14, 2011
    Well it does state during the games SourceMod "Don't be a Dick and purposely get stabbed."
    (I believe that is part of what shows up)
  4. Aug 18, 2006

Balancing in ZombieEscape is absolutely critical, and is something that is continuously being approved on. Most maps have a set ratio of zombies, and I chose this number carefully. A couple extra zombies have the capability of swinging game play dramatically, especially on maps like predator where it's hard for humans to win as it is...

I won't make it against the rules, but it is highly discouraged for balancing reasons. And what Darklight said above.
  5. Jun 10, 2011
    So basically, it's not against server rules to do it once in a while, but if you do it continuously and get noticed doing it like you have Element, we won't sit idly by.

Whilst turning into a zombie at the start of each round may be fun for you, you are potentially ruining the fun of 30+ other people.
  6. Feb 12, 2011
    Tss, I'd say make this against the rules at whole, it's not because element "has fun" that way. I think, he, and alot of others know damn well he's just doing it to piss people off.
  7. Jul 20, 2010
    He does know but he hates it when we ruin his "fun".
  8. Jul 13, 2011
    I agree just make it against the rules, also would joining the game late also be aginst the rules then?
  9. Jul 20, 2010
    I'm just gonna /facepalm at what you said at the end sigh my IQ just went down. Really hope not talking about someone connecting late to the server after a round started or was in spec because they went afk.
  10. Jul 13, 2011
  11. Jul 4, 2011
    Probably joining late as in dieing as a zombie, join spectators and wait for the zombies to spawn on the next round then join a team to instantly become a Zombie.

Intentionally becoming a zombie isn't how the game is played, should be against the rules.
  12. Jul 20, 2010
    I hope that's what he means lol. From reading it sounds like what if they joined in late for example connecting to the server in the middle of a round.
  13. Jun 11, 2011
    I find it more challenging when Element plays as a zombie. This probably wouldn't even be an issue of he sucked as zombie lol.
  14. Jul 20, 2010
    It's not that hes the one the that does it. It's that we have him and many others that are part of that angus group will inflate the number of zombies from 8 to 14 at the start of rounds. Not to mention they try to get others in on it. I'm sure not the only to notice them do this on ze. They only do it to get kicks and grief because that's what it pretty much is. Like Ray said ze is about having everything balanced why there is a set amount of starting zombies. People seem to want to unbalance things for their own joy and amusement.
  15. Feb 17, 2011
    i agree.. it is more challenging. but when its round after round.. it gets annoying.

the question is why do u need a rule against something that is obvious? "dont ruin the fun for everybody" simple.
  16. Nov 26, 2010
    I have the feeling I am no longer welcomed by certain pF admins and they QQ on policies that they can mask in the interest of fairness and balance.

Your drive for balanced fair play is recognized and appreciated. But the ratio that you strike is, at best, an approximation to achieve balanced fair play.
    One Dream Team or Team Angus zombie is easily worth 3-5 regular zombies simply because a majority of players “hate being zombie” and question why were they chosen. With that mindset, they go AFK, become friendly zombies, or simply do not give it their all.

If all Dream Team zombies were chosen at the beginning of the round the ratio that you have set is already skewed but yet we will still be accused of griefing.

Perhaps a script is in order so I may voluntarily become a zombie so I do not skew the ratio?

Absent a holistic framework of what is finally done, “ruining the fun of others” is a narrow metric to rule enforcement and is a slippery slope.
    Will you “not sit idly by” when nubs (for all intents and purposes are a waste of a server slot) ruin the gameplay of decent to pro humans players such as myself when they can not play the map?

No, I simply have fun that way. I promise you being naded and AWP’ed is not fun but I deal with it for bigger reward of the lols that could ensue.

I hate having my fun ruined when I abide by the rules. And there seems to be a constant shuffling of them to deter my gameplay.
  17. Feb 18, 2011
    Wow.....It has really come to this? Honestly adding this to the list of rules seems over the top thing to do. I know there are times I enjoy playing zombie and will play as well.

I remember a few months ago it was discussed and it was decided it was alright, I mean really? Playing zombie is fun at times and a lot of times there are players who just go afk or don't even try as zombies, what about them then? If they don't try should they get kicked? It sounds to me that is the way the server is going.
  18. Feb 17, 2011
    bleh.. bla bla bla. more bla bla bla. and to add bla bla bla.

if u guys wanted to get what is being said here u would.. but just like trolls u will find ways around rules to get what u want till a new rule is created. and then u will find ways around that.
  19. Oct 21, 2010
    Whats up my homie Element. It seems to me PF has to many rules and they have squeezed the fun right out the game. I have watched element play on ZE and it is a blast to watch him own that server as a zombie. If the peeps cant keep up with element then they should get better.

Taz :banghead:
  20. Aug 18, 2006
    I explicitly said that I will not make it against the rules. I only discouraged the behavior. I don't know where people are getting this idea from...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.