Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Noblock?

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by thinkTWICE, Jul 16, 2011

1. Jul 14, 2011
    Alright, I've been raging for the past few days because there's something missing. People have been blocking and I think it'd be a great addition to the ZM server's and/or also to the ZE servers. All you guys need is Noblock.. Something I don't understand is why Noblock would be enabled for about a good 2 or 3 minutes of the beginning of each round & then all of a sudden that's where all the people start being solid, what's the point of that? I think Noblock should be enabled for the whole entire universe and I think it pretty much would solve all your problems which are people blocking and etc. Here are a few scenarios.

Noblock:
    • People would stop blocking
    • More then one person can attack another persons baracde
    • Would fix problems such as: People blocking for other people.
    • And alot more other problems those who face.

I don't know about you guys but I think we should get 24/7 Noblock on the ZM server. Thank you people for taking the time to read the server improvement that I have suggested and hopefully someone could take further action. Thank you once again.

-* thinkTWICE

** If proof is required to backup my suggestion, please don't hesitate to do so, will provide screenshots **
  2. Jul 20, 2010
    If we had nothing but noblock that would get very boring very fast. Because you get 50 people stacked in one spot and gg. The reason why there is no block for like 30seconds is so when your at spawn you don't get blocked in by people buying weapons.
  3. Oct 29, 2010
    • Would prevent getting to many spots in many maps.
    • Would allow humans to stack infinitely into narrow hallways preventing any chance of zombie victory.
    • Would suck.
  4. Jul 14, 2011
    You're right but wouldn't it fix some of the problems like people blocking for other people, and your teammates can't really attack all at once? or atleast install noblock or script it somehow for only the zombies (terrorists) would get the advantage of getting noblock.
  5. Aug 18, 2006
    You may want to think twice about that (no pun intended). The round-start noblock is intentional. It's to help alleviate the initial player spawn orgy. (Also no pun intended). On many maps, most of the players spawn in the same area, which, if there wasn't noblock, would make getting out of that area very difficult because you're getting blocked by up to 63 other people...

Enabling noblock all the time would also disable standing on top of other players. This would break a vital gameplay mechanic (imo). Additionally, it would ruin many good spots as a result.
  6. Jul 20, 2010
    So tilt the scales in favor of zombies then? And yes you can fire still all at once.
  7. Jun 10, 2011
    If we implemented noblock, we'd have a fucktonne more illegal spots to enforce as zombies wouldn't be able to "stack" or "zombietrain"
  8. Feb 21, 2007

for ZM, as ray stated, it is currently only for the first seconds of a round
  9. Jul 9, 2011
    I think the block/no block features are perfect they way they are on the ZM/ZE servers.
  10. Nov 29, 2010
    Noblock is implemented so that players don't stack up into one spot and kills the experience for zombies. Also making backstabs a game-winning feature rather than a minor annoyance. This server IS trying to make things fair for humans and zombies, keep that in mind.
  11. Feb 8, 2011
    what happens if your passing thru someone as the no block ends
  12. Mar 25, 2011
  13. Oct 29, 2010
    Usually you will just separate from them but you do sometimes get stuck, remember humans have 1 !ztele before the zombies spawn, just gotta use it fast.
  14. Sep 25, 2010
    Or u stay in no block till one gets out of the other. And if a human with block on joins, he will also have no block.
  15. Oct 29, 2010
    I think that only happens if there are 3 or more stacked, which has never happened to me unless I was trying for it.