Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Nominate spam

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by ::1/128, May 1, 2011

1. Oct 27, 2010
    So it seems that some people have found that nominate is a good way to grief the server. People (like Cheese and crackers) will choose that worst map they can find and the instant the new round loads the vote for it and then encourage people to spam one when the vote come around. Now this probably just sounds like moaning, but people are trying to use nominate to grief the server :frown: and I'm sure there are some people that would agree to this. I just don't know what to do about it is all and an look for some input. Thanks
  2. Aug 18, 2006

Should we disable nominate?
  3. Apr 9, 2007
  4. Dec 7, 2010
    You have been officially demoted to IPv4.
  5. Nov 26, 2010
    Perhaps limit the number of nominations a person can submit based on a time limit or map changes?
  6. Jul 14, 2010
  7. Oct 27, 2010

But yeah i think nominate should be a privilege of donators and admin.
  8. Feb 1, 2011
    I can back this up. Cheese has a nominate bound, and immediately nominates something random as soon as he gets in, then changes it later on but holds on to his first place nomination.

There either needs to be a timer set before people can nominate (like with RTV), or make this an admin/donator privilege as was previously mentioned.
  9. Apr 23, 2011
    if u guyz r lookin for a good way to piss ppl off, removing nominate is a pretty good way. Today's the only time i ever experienced this problem, but hey watta u gonna do. if the kid wants to be a faggot, let him be. If it sounds like the players all agree that the map blows, have one of the admins start a vote to change maps.
  10. Jan 21, 2011
    Instead of removing nominate make the order be randomized so that the first nomination isn't always 1 on the vote list.
  11. Feb 1, 2011
    Don't get me wrong, I love the nominate feature and do not want to see it removed. However, something does need to be done so it can't be abused in this manner.
  12. Oct 27, 2010
    The issue is that he plays regularly, was getting friends in on the act, and generally propagating what could manifest to be a larger problem. I don't know what a good solution would be. Whether it is as extreme to limiting or eliminating nominate (which in hindsight I feel should be universally available) or as simple as some kind of timer or new rule would solve this problem is unknown. I just thought i worth discussing as it seems to me like it could become a problem.
  13. Oct 29, 2010
  14. Apr 23, 2011
    damn u genious. Thats like the perfect way to solve the problem, if its possible to do this.
  15. Jul 8, 2010
  16. Apr 9, 2007
    Nominate was only added back recently after global breakage ensued accross the servers (I cannot remember if it was from a Valve update or not).

Regardless, it's Donor+ now.
  17. Sep 6, 2010
    Good idea. Also, admins and donators only is a good one too
    :thumbsup:
  18. Dec 6, 2010
    ~Why is One Asshat getting away with this? I tried to use it NORMALLY & Cheese just Fucks-With-Everything cause he like to play with things till they break.

Cheese is a Douche.

I never have tried to grief the server, but I did like the command cause Twin Steele is still out there...

~Damnit!

I have Admin expirence elsewhere so I understand the Complete Drain the 'Kiddies' can be...
    I have to wait for PayPal to load before I can just get admin myself...not looking forward to the work that comes with it, but I do enjoy driving from time to time.

~Peace
  19. Jul 14, 2008
  20. Dec 7, 2010
    In retrospect limiting the Nominate command to Donors and Admins turned out to be a positive event. People who plays on the pF servers now have another incentive to become a donator. Since these people frequent our servers, they should receive priority in map selection. It turned out to be a good morale booster for admins too allowing them priority map selections to minimize monotony.