Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

nominating agaisnt rules?

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Phd. Bovine Scatology, Feb 9, 2012

1. Jan 25, 2012
    Alright didn't really know where to put this but is nominating my favorite maps just after a crash against rules? I'm told that I'm not allowed to nominate whatever map that just crashed and is ban worthy
  2. Mar 12, 2008
    Name of the person that told you would help.

and as far as I'm aware, that's not a rule, and would fall under admin abuse if you were banned
  3. Aug 1, 2011
    I'm sorry but I have never heard of such a rule, ever.

Who told you this? I'm interested to know.

If its a player, they might be telling you to troll you so they don't play a map again.

If its an admin...someone needs to be talked to
  4. Jan 25, 2012
    I think it was apollo. i only nominate nublar, predator and mako my favorite maps. thanks for the fast responses
  5. Jan 21, 2011
    Nominate whatever you want so long as you're not using it to troll.
  6. Jan 25, 2012
  7. Mar 12, 2008
    I'm a retard, and totally went off on a tangent

see future post.
  8. Aug 1, 2011
    This. Don't roll over if an admin starts telling you otherwise. As long as you do not mean to troll, you'll be fine. You did the right thing asking about it. It blows my mind that admins are actually doing this...
  9. Feb 1, 2011
    Not good. I specifically told him not to enforce this non-rule yesterday. Thanks for letting us know.

I completely disagree. Players are usually in the middle of the map (say they've gotten to Extreme, but not Extreme 2) and want to finish the map. I really see no problem with going back to the map that the players lost progress on if that's what the majority of the server wants to do.
  10. Dec 7, 2010
    I would have to agree with dill on this one.
  11. Jan 21, 2011
    This is not at all what I meant. I was talking about nominating a popular map so that no one else can, and just before the map vote changing it to an unpopular map so that the popular map won't get played.
  12. Mar 12, 2008
    yeah thats what i meant, what the fuck was i thinking about

i'll fix my post