Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion Nominating

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Mr. C.C., Sep 21, 2016

1. Apr 19, 2015
    I had a discussion with an admin on the zombie mod server. You need to make nominations available to everyone. I've never seen a donator nominate a map. It is a hassle getting an admin to nominate a map for you. I'd like to look at the maps available and nominate one myself. All you have to do is set the number of nominations to a very limited number and let everybody have the ability to nominate. That would help make the server better.
  2. Nov 20, 2013
    They already tested what you're saying. Everyone had the priority to nominate maps but it was removed.

For me, I like nominating my favorites maps so, I think you don't play when I'm playing. Lol
  3. Jan 3, 2013
    I'm sure @Beggar So and @Kronus would love to play zm_bill's_athletic_park for nomination.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Aug 6, 2016
      You and I talked about that this morning. My reasoning for it was the fact that 45 players nominating maps is basically having no maps nominated at all. I rarely nominate maps because I'd like to see maps that differ from the usual played. If I do nominate a map it's because someone who doesn't have the option asks for it. (Just like Lightning did while we were talking about it in the server) The way it is set now is that it is another perk for donator/admin. I don't see the sense in taking away that perk and just making it available for everyone that is not as committed to the servers/community. As for @Bro's.M He just likes to nominate his own maps. Lol. No need to lie.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Apr 26, 2015
        The issue with having anyone nominate maps is that people will troll to nominate a map no one likes just for the fuck of it, though whose to say that doesn't stop donators from doing that cause fuck y'all Colossus is fun af. Nomination is an incentive for a donator perk, which personally I like that way.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Aug 6, 2016
          The sheer fact that it is the way it is now holds weight. Taking that perk away from donators and that incentive would be more "Dramatic" For lack of a better word than if we never had it and were discussing changing it to that. I appreciate you bringing the idea up and your effort to make it public and to bring new eyes to the matter. I just don't see it changing from the way it is now.
        • Feb 27, 2012
          @Mr. C.C. this is one of the many incentives for people to purchase donator, but it's not the only incentive or even restricted to donator necessarily for that reason. One big reason is that people just spam nominate the first couple maps in the first page of nominations to try and get first nomination. Some of the maps on the first page are not very popular among most players in the server. It was accidentally set to allow all players to nominate for a while, and truthfully it didn't go very well.

As for the incentives or purchasing donator, here is a list of all the cool stuff you get with donator or admin. http://plaguefest.com/wiki/donator-faq-s/
          • Like Like x 1
          • Apr 19, 2015
            That's why you don't have it set to that many people. Was it that hard to comprehend that? Any random jackass would tell you that.

Those things are not enough to get me to donate. I've played on countless servers that wasn't set to one map and nominating was never a problem. I've also played on servers that have had no voting and the next map would change randomly. Having that would be a good alternative to voting.
            Post Merged, Sep 22, 2016
            Everybody likes to be able to nominate a map. What's your point?
          • Apr 26, 2015
            I get your point, but what works for some servers doesn't work for others, and for ours it was a problem.
          • Nov 20, 2013
            You're wrong, mostly of donators have nominated their favorite maps, so I think you haven't been able to play when mostly of them are playing.

Why? You just have to ask them if they can nominate a map for you, or you can ask someone to do that for you, If not, you can buy donator/admin and you'll be able to nominate the map what you want to play.