Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Nominations need to be randomized

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by tupac serbia, Jun 7, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 3, 2012
    I'm getting fairly tired of seeing races to see who can nominate first, because a good 70% of the time the first option on the list wins. This only doesn't apply when Mako or a handful of other popular maps are present, and even then people usually have to micspam and clog up the chat log for it to get selected. Don't get me started on people who have "!nominate <mapname>" hot keyed, which is just downright silly.

Having a randomize order of nominations would make it more fair for people who join late or have crappy computers, and probably encourage a more diverse selection of maps rather than MAKO PREDATOR MINAS 24/7, since they are usually spammed into first nomination
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Feb 12, 2012
      RussianSoldier, Jun 7, 2012 Last edited by Arsis, Jun 7, 2012
    • May 5, 2011
      Sorry but there has been many threads about this topic and another one isn't going to help. Just letting you know ahead....
    • Aug 18, 2006
      Agreed they should be randomized, but I don't think it's on top of the to-do list right now.
    • Sep 7, 2010
    • Jul 20, 2010
      Oh look the same topic again. People really need to learn to use the search function :arrogant:
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • May 14, 2011
        This is a good idea. @Kyle is this possible? This may have be brought up many times but finally we have an idea that may work. This is not that same as the other nominate threads really, here was have 1 idea and we are just checking if it works.

P.S.: Don't grief the ratings please, I'm just putting up an un-biased reply.
      • Jun 3, 2012

Still, it's an issue
      • Feb 12, 2012
        upper right corner.Wheres it has a box and says "search"
      • Jul 20, 2010
        Under the Get admin or Donator you should see a bar with the word search next to it :grin: Right where the black meets the white part of the forums.
      • Jun 3, 2012
        I actually knew how to search I was just expressing that I was dumb for forgetting it lol
      • Jul 20, 2010
        Was responding to Ghost since he was asking that it'd be a good idea to add a search function even though we already have one :razz: Atleast I think so since he quoted me :bugeyes:
      • Jun 3, 2012

this is confusing
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jul 20, 2010
        • Jun 3, 2012
          To say that it was a good idea regardless of it being suggested before

That's my take on it anyway
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Apr 9, 2007
            • Like Like x 1
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • Jul 20, 2010
              I guess. Kyle if it breaks feature or broken? :razz:
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Apr 9, 2007
                • Funny Funny x 2
                • Aug 1, 2011
                  I didn't even know you could hotkey the nominations....

Wouldn't that be considered unfair?
                Thread Status:
                Not open for further replies.