Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Noob questions on escape server

Discussion in Help Desk started by Homie, Nov 12, 2011

1. Nov 12, 2011

1. When you pick up barricades after dropping your pistol, how do you set them in place?

2. On the parking garage level, how do you fire the minigun, flamethrower, etc.?

3. Is there ammo or a timer on these weapons?

4. On some LOTR maps, where and how do you pick up horses and armor?

5. Does mataria spawn randomly on that one lotr map? And how do you pick it up?

6. I saw a console message that says not to spam materia. So what is the correct interval to use it?
  2. Sep 25, 2010
    You press your use button, usually e while aiming at it.

Again, press e, if e doesn't do it, you have to spam e to use a minigun.

Some have limited ammo, some run on a timer.

Near spawn there is a building with a sign saying Human Shop and you can pick them up depending on your current level. eg, beat 3 levels you can take level 3 items

On that one lotr map? To pick up you simply throw away your weapon to pick it up since the materia are attaached to weapons. Usually its your pistol.

It means dont press e on other people's materia just to be a dick. You can use your own materia as many times as you want.
  3. Jul 4, 2011
    1. When you pick up barricades after dropping your pistol, how do you set them in place?

Drop your handgun then walk into the barricade to pick it up, once you've got it, press E on it to place.

2. On the parking garage level, how do you fire the minigun, flamethrower, etc.?

Press E (spam E on the minigun).

3. Is there ammo or a timer on these weapons?

Some of them have unlimited ammo, some are a one time use, some takes time to re-charge.

4. On some LOTR maps, where and how do you pick up horses and armor?

You win rounds in order to gain levels in which you use to purchase items like horses in the human shop near the spawn, zombies have a shop as well.

5. Does mataria spawn randomly on that one lotr map? And how do you pick it up?

Materias are in Mako Ractor, not LOTR. There are certain locations in the map where the materias randomly spawns at each round. You can upgrade the materias by previously having picked up one(s).

6. I saw a console message that says not to spam materia. So what is the correct interval to use it?

"Spamming" is when you press E on someones materia, it puts you on fire until you die (only use materias that you picked up yourself). You may use your own materia as many times you wish but after each use you need to wait for it to recharge.

I might make video guides in the future on how to play these maps.
  4. Nov 12, 2011
    On that 1 map where humans and zombies have a shop.

I won 2 rounds, and as a zombie picked up some kind of barrel. How do I use it?

I think I was clicking use key + secondary mouse key and was throwing some exploding barrels but it wasn't hurting any humans.
  5. Oct 17, 2011
    yeah try to race other people to get to the flame thrower before they do be a faggot to them and dont let them beat u and i dont think flame throwers have time
  6. Jul 4, 2011
    Left click to switch between the launch and "place where you are" styles. Right click to place/launch the explosive barrel.
  7. Oct 29, 2010
    If you lob the barrel correctly. . .many of a hominid will be slayed!

(Anecdote: I and five others had the misfortune of being on the receiving end of the barrel once. . .we all perished. And I was cavalry w/300+ health too.)
  8. Apr 29, 2011
    On Mona's tirith, the map with the shop, most of the items/abilities can be activated with a right click of the knife .

@Mario
    First off, quoting the entirety of sets post was unnecessary.
    Second, where did flamethrowers come into play. This was about Mona's Tirith, not predator/jpark.