Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Normal server

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by irsons, May 12, 2011

1. Apr 14, 2011
    Just thought it would be nice to see a regular game is also hosted.

I know one may say that there are plenty of servers hosting for regular mode but I really do like here so.

Also, I don't think the GG mode is not as popular as it deserves to be. Some sort of promotion or advertising for GG server may helpful.

Just my thought. How do you think?

Edit : fy_iceworld was very fun and is the map I played when I played counter strike for the first time. If GG can't be supported with promotion or advertising, or normal server cannot be added, how about changing GG into iceworld? Perhaps awp_map as well? I barely see players on GG server anyways.
  2. Feb 17, 2011
    i wish the GG had more population -.-
    i rly like the settings there but not many play or join it.
  3. Apr 9, 2007
    When I have time, probably next weekend, I'll work on getting RR setup.

As far as having just a normal server though, it didn't really work out too well.
  4. Apr 14, 2011
    I'm sorry but what is RR?
  5. Mar 22, 2011
    pF's demographic typically is people who like zombie mod more than gun game (hence the name Plaguefest), they're apples and oranges and this is a community built on apples. Not saying i wouldn't like to see a normal game server though
  6. May 27, 2008
    Yeah, but look at it this way. Blizzard doesn't have games that are just about snow and fucking shit up.

When it was first started it was zombie-related only. Being our zombie related roots and having our one zombiemod server, then came the second and escape followed, but then we started to rapidly bloom and branch out and we got our gun-game and mini-game map servers. We're getting Death Run out very soon as well. I've actually had someone ask me why we don't have a reg CS:S server, I think it could be a doable thing in the future.
  7. Apr 2, 2011
    Honestly, A regular server, in the hands of plaguefest would do much better than other servers. Hopefully one could be tested again... but hey, whatever :starwars:
  8. Jun 4, 2006
    The closest thing we had to a normal CSS server was Custom Maps (which was normal CSS but with custom maps) and it was a flop (and we gave it 2 chances). As others have stated you also need to look at PF's demographic. Since our servers are all game-modes, game-modes which don't require the normal skill regular CSS servers do, the player base isn't void of 'scrubs' and said 'scrubs' tend to not like regular CSS servers because they get creamed. Another downfall is cracked CSS clients, majority of them hack so in servers such as GG, DM, or reg CSS, if those servers = cracked, then they = magnets for hackers. I'm actually pretty positive that if we put up a DM server (which is a WIP server), it will NOT be cracked and only legit CSS players can get in. This would also be true for any reg CSS server. Now, with that being said, it's another blow against us for populating a regular CSS server - no cracked clients = smaller player base. Combine smaller player base with the majority of them being not-too-keen on their CSS skills and you've got an emtpy reg CSS server which might SOMETIMES get filled with PF admins at night time playing each other...

Now that my pessimism (based on experience / facts) is out of the way, I'll just note that a reg css server is not out of the question in the future, but would not be on the priority list.
  9. May 7, 2011
    I think having a regular server would be cool, I would absolutely play there time to time. It would probably bring more people to the server also because the pings in the PF servers are really nice, and everyone likes nice pings in fps!
  10. Jun 4, 2006
    I can definitely see you enjoying a server like that pulse cause you'd cream everyone :teehee:
  11. May 7, 2011
    haha heck no, you guys would be on my team and then we would kill everyone! I have already helped out seeker with his "One Daggle" you guys just use to zombie mod xD
  12. May 5, 2011

Damn you haven't played with me yet huh. I'll be one sneaky bastard. :ninja: (And I'm talking about a real server :razz:)