Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Not done yet... grr...

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Viva La Border Patrol, Oct 4, 2011

1. Oct 22, 2007
    So apparently building wasn't enough and the final piece to the puzzle is being added. These for both cards...

[IMG]

after this everything is gonna be on water, fml...
  2. Jun 23, 2010
    Well at least they came out with a new nickel plating, since the old one was horrible.
  3. Apr 6, 2011
  4. Oct 22, 2007
    yeah the old ones did have some issues. For those lost it is a video card block. Instead of hearing the gpu crank up during games it will be cooled by another rad and run around 30c idle and max 50c. Air cooled is around 35ish on them and 70-80c gaming if not more.
  5. Oct 27, 2010

Go big or go home.

I don't really get the point of water cooling... I've done it in the past but never really thought I befitted from it in any way. I could O.C. things more than I could with fans and heat-sinks obviously... but then again I don't think I've ever really needed to O.C. something; I've just never done something that was so demanding on the computer that an O.C. was a required part of accomplishing that task.

It looks neat though :grin:
  6. Oct 22, 2007
    The fact that the cards run cool and i don't have to hear that fan noise is a huge plus. Besides lookin at going eyefinity so the extra fps would help on 3 monitors over 1. So those benefits are helpful and yes it just looks badass lol. Except the every 6 months of cleaning, which will probably be pushed to longer from being lazy, lol.