Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

NOT Meeko abuse something entirely different

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by jookbob, Jun 8, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 19, 2012
    Meeko chose to nominate ze_minecraft first on mako in order to guarantee that mako is extended. In the past he has done this and admitted he was doing it to troll when the map was actually changed to minecraft.

Admins NeverEnough and Badgruil already concluded that doing this is abusing the nomination system and 2 people have gotten immediate 1 day bans for doing the same thing. Why is it ok for an admin to get away with this?
  2. Jan 21, 2011
    @meeko Shit like this is why nominate was restricted to admins/donors.

EDIT: circumstances were clarified by badgriuel. Carry on, meeko. My apologies.

He may have done it before, jook, but @Badgriuel showed him the light and he has corrected his mischievous ways.
  3. Oct 29, 2010
    The two players who got banned were doing something very different than this, I actually see nothing wrong with what Meeko did here.
  4. Mar 19, 2012
    2 players who were banned were because they manipulated the nomination system to get, in that case mako, lower on the list, which is exactly what meeko is doing.

2 others
    - make single map 4 spots lower on the voting list

meeko
    - makes ALL maps 1 spot lower on the voting list
    - As well as completely removing a legitimate voting option.
    jookbob, Jun 8, 2012 Last edited by jookbob, Jun 8, 2012
  5. Seeker
    This message by Seeker has been removed from public view. Deleted by Seks, Jun 8, 2012, Reason: NEVERFUCKINGMIND FUCK YOU MOMO.
    Jun 8, 2012
  6. Oct 29, 2010
    They were abusing the mechanics of the system in an attempt to ensure a map did not win a vote.

Meeko simply nominated a single map, while his intentions might have been impure, his methods were not.
  7. Oct 29, 2010
    Moved and re-opened for possible discussion?
  8. Mar 19, 2012
    Can you show me in the rules where it says that the method the 2 who were banned used is illegal and the one that meeko used is not? I would like to see the more detailed list of rules so that I too can find loopholes around it and troll intentionally while being immune punishment.
  9. Jun 10, 2011
    Uhh, if this is indeed open for discussion, then in my opinion it's a total dick move...

I've seen people nominate maps so that other people can't nominate them then changing them at the last second, which I also think is a dick move.

If people are now being punished for things relevant to map nominations (this is the first i've heard of it) what is the detailed reason so I can understand exactly what is/isn't allowed?
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Oct 29, 2010
    • Mar 19, 2012
      WHERE? please don't post stuff like that without factual evidence. If it actually is a rule you should easily be able to shoot me a link and this entire thread will be over.
    • Jul 28, 2011
      If a map is "good" enough to be on the server rotation, shouldn't you be able to nominate it? People don't have to vote for it. As long as you're not insta-nominating a map as soon as the first round starts or changing your nomination right before the rtv to troll, I don't see what the problem is.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Feb 18, 2011
        This, I know there are times I have nominated maps that are not often played then getting accused of "trolling" the nominations even if they are maps I have wanted to play yet unless someone says they are nominating something to troll there is no real way to prove why they choose the map.
      • Jun 10, 2011
        Since when? Did I miss a thread on it when I wasn't looking or something? :S

Lots of people also do this, with binds and such, is that also illegal?
      • Oct 29, 2010
        Nope.
      • Feb 9, 2012
        id like to add my input, as i was there during the ban of the ''two players'' and during this situation as well.

Id liek to say jookbob was not there and does not know nothing of what happened during the ban of kitkat and syoudous. he's basing claims off what he thought had happened.
      • Feb 18, 2011
        Momo, I can't remember where ray said it but there it was something along the lines if it isn't in the rules that come up when you connect to the server, there is no rule against it, and as of 15 minutes ago I didn't see anything about it there.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Oct 29, 2010
          I do believe Jook knows what exactly kitkat and syoudous got banned for, it simply isn't relevant to this thread.
        • Jun 10, 2011
          It's one thing to nominate a map that's unpopular because you wish to play it, another entirely to openly admit to nominating a bad map just to "troll". Isn't "trolling" also against our rules?

And if we're banning for something surely it should be in our server rules? I don't see anything about it, unless it comes under "trolling" in which case see above ^
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Mar 1, 2012
            Can we PLEASE get the statement from Never Enough regarding EXACTLY what KitKat and Syoudous did? Its invaluable in determining what the LSAs and LSAs+ determine to be abuse. Also, once this is given we should begin to formulate a new protocol regarding this "abuse."

Its honestly a joke to abide by a rule you could drive a train through because at this point all we've been told conclusively is that if you change your nomination and it ends up near the bottom of the list (or its gone entirely) and its a popular map you will be banned.
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • Feb 18, 2011
              Exactly what Nezumi said, I think a rule about trolling nominations should be in place yes, but as it has been said before. If it isn't stated in the rules on the server...There is no rule.
            Thread Status:
            Not open for further replies.