Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Not yet abuse....

Discussion in Help Desk started by DopeScope, Mar 13, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 19, 2011
    As you all may know, my new catch phrases involve "admin nominate minas" and "admin someone spammed my ultima"(when not on mako). I have never had an admin personally warn me (besides quietly yell) about this since i say it frequently, but not so much that it annoys the server. Quietly yell has gotten fed up with this and told me to stop trolling since i would use one of these lines everyday. Today, I said "nominate minas please" over the mic and immediately Qy warned me to stop trolling. I then said fine and in a bit i asked "can we nominate the new version of mako?" and got muted. People were saying abuse both over mic and chat (you can find this easily in logs). That was a serious question, but i decided to let it go. When quiettly yell mentioned that EVERYONE is sick of my trolling, there was almost nothing in chat or on the mic that would signal that people were annoyed with me. I do remember admin Jeezery saying that he was getting annoyed because minas was not on the server ( i think took me seriously). I also remember some dude saying something along the lines of troll status 3/10 and i took that as saying i was not a troll ( in logs). After about 2-3 min i said in chat "unmute nowwwwwwww" which was a more humorous way to ask for an unmute. Most people won't take that as a demand since that is not the type of guy i am. QY followed my request with a silence. now people were again yelling abuse and even telling me to post an abuse thread (in logs). I tried to work things out with him in steam chat but it ended in a "go ahead and report abuse".

I don't think i missed a single thing. I may be at fault a bit on this since i do repeat the phrases quite often, but those grounds are not enough for a silence through an entire map. QY is this the only admin that has had a problem with me saying this. Other admins would also join in and say "gandalf in the middle" and joke along these lines. Btw, I do not say this stuff consecutively, maybe twice a day max. No abuse, just don't want things to escalate.
  2. Feb 5, 2012
    We'll just have to see in the logs, I'm also very curios on Quietly's side of the story.
  3. Jul 19, 2011
    msg him on steam and tell him to come post his side. I doubt he will have much to post since i already owned up to my share of the blame. I deleted him on steam after he told me to post an abuse so its all up to u
  4. Feb 5, 2012
    You know what would help your case on the things in steam chat with you and quietly, proof, use this for the steam chat with you and quietly (if you want to) http://plaguefest.com/threads/steam-chat-logger.9620/
  5. Jul 19, 2011
    there wasn't much to say on steam chat. I am disregarding it since the rule is also that steam chat cannot be used for evidence. I only mentioned the chat in order to show why i posted a thread.
  6. Feb 5, 2012
    Well I'm going to stay out of it for now and see what Management has to say all about this (along with other admins) and maybe peep in and ask Quietly what he thinks of this "mess" :razz:
  7. Sep 30, 2011
    Its seems like a dick move on QY's part, BUT he is an Admin who asked you to stop.
    Personally I don't give 10 fucks. I'm on your side, shit is cray!
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Apr 4, 2009
      So is this supposed to be in Help Desk or Admin Abuse?
    • Jul 19, 2011
      uhhh is there a half admin abuse thread? id idn't want to make this a full blown abuse thread cuz he was a great guy before he purchased admin. Really chill, but i just wanted to give him a head up about this matter.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Alright, I've honestly been waiting for this. Over the past week or two, you always come into ZE trolling, whether it be saying the wrong commands, or just screwing with anybody as you please. From the look of past experiences your trolling has always been continuous, it's not some thing that started yesterday. Ever since Minas Tirith was removed, you have been crying about bring it back. You usually come into the ZE server and start up some random commotion on the mic about "Minas being back" and "nominate Minas", which USUALLY starts a bunch of random shit in chat that lasts for a couple minutes. It then results in admins having to tell people on the server that the map isn't back. However, back to the incident this evening, you came into the Zombie Escape server and as usual, started your "nominate minas". I could not recall how many times, but it was more than once. I've warned you countless times before, and Trigger had issued multiple global warnings about trolling on the map, so I believe I was right to mute you. Now for the people that say "ABUSE", you've got to be kidding. It's Ultrasaur, mar1299, and Clearly the real Mr. NLS Pro (or something like that). They say "ABUSE" on anything. I'm usually having fun and chatting with them in there anyways. Nobody was being serious about abuse, since they know who you actually are. Another thing, maybe you shouldn't 'muddy up' the truth, because I still have the steam chat between us. You asked for an unmute and I told you no, you'll have to wait for a map change. I went on to say that you troll all of the time on our servers. You then went into sob-story mode and started the "you were cool before you were an admin, no everybody hates you" etc. etc. The conversation was ended with a "bye btch". And that was about it. I'm pretty sure the only reason your mad about this is the fact that I don't put up with your stupid trolling of the servers. I would gladly be your friend, but I don't put up with the type of crap you bring to the servers just about every time your on. You can have fun and joke around, but you can't do it the way you've been doing it. @Josh , if it isn't too much to ask, would you mind posting the chat log?

Also, @911Trigger , should fill in some details, or clarify anything I may have missed.
      • Zing! Zing! x 1
      • Feb 1, 2011
        Wait, so you're trying to say you're not a troll? Banned for lies.
        • Funny Funny x 3
        • Feb 12, 2012
          I've noticed that some people who are long time pubbers/Donators think they can get away from things. It's mainly spamming and trolling, nothing really big.

We understand you pay for donator, or you're a faithful player on the servers. Trolling and Spamming is not a perk with this. I have warned frequent players several times to cut the spam out (Mr. Death, wears a PF tag; NoobMaster; etc).

I know you have your little "catchphrase", and we don't mind. Just don't spam the hell out of us. We may have admin, but we want to play the game like you too.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Dec 6, 2011
            I would be fine with it, but it starts problems with others. Then they think Minas is actually back, and people usually freak out in chat. Also, it's usually repeated each time Dope enters the server. Not a big deal really, I always ask him to stop, and reluctantly, he does after a warning or two.
          • Mar 16, 2008
            I'll post logs when I get home, in class right now.
          • Feb 9, 2012
            ok well this is my view on the case (as i was also on the server when this happened).:
            To Dopescope: because you know that minas isn't on the map, it's not a good idea to get people riled up about it and pretend that it is on the map. I personally havent seen u on that much vs how long ive been on (the ratio is too different to remember everything you've done). So i'm not sure how often you do this, but i would agree with quietly that u shouldn't continue doing this too much. For the people who spam admin abuse, they do that all the time (or at least 80%+ of the time) whenever someone gets muted/kicked/banned/punished. So i wouldn't consider that grounds for evidence of admin abuse.

To Quietly: I don't think the mute was really needed (but then again i haven't experienced what you described from dopescope yet). the gag may have been justified tho. i don't think saying that ''everyone is tired of your trolling'' was necessary, as i myself did not consider that trolling (at the time).

Overall: i believe you guys should just put this aside, take it for what it is. dopescope should be a little more careful and not bring up minas like that again. quietly should be a little more lenient on that punishment. you guys should just make up and get over it, i don't believe any punishment from either side is necessary. If anything this thread just seems a bit more like venting.
            • Agree Agree x 3
            • Apr 4, 2009

I have however seen you do the same thing.
            • Dec 6, 2011
              The only major reason for muting him is that I've warned him in the past. This isn't brand new, it goes on quite a bit. Also, I told him in steam chat that people were getting tired of his trolling (which indeed, some are). Not really much more to this TBH.
            • Jul 19, 2011
              Most of ur post is true. I did troll previously, but it was not prolonged. twice a day AT MOST for the minas stuff. Today i repeat i said "nominate minas please" ONCE and you warned me. You failed to address how you muted me after i asked for the new version of mako and how you silenced me after 1 sentence. The sob story short: i wanted to work things out, but you blatantly said i was pissing of the server and so i had enough of this "troll" stuff and called u a bch. Again, i had addressed all of this in my first post. You just elaborated on how i used my catch phrase in the past. Remember, I listened to you first warning. I asked an honest question about the new mako that everyone was talking about. THAT is when you muted me. Also a gag from 1 line of chat. You didn't mute me for spamming minas. you muted me cuz you just had enough of me whether it was serious or not. If that was not the case, then the gag would not have come so quickly. It is also interesting to note that i HAVE NOT been punished by any admin for mic spamming. An occasionally server mute during the map votes, but that applies to the whole server. you are a fairly new admin and yet you seem to be doing a whole lot more than admins taht had been here for years. How many admins are on the the ze server at once? That's right a ton. how many have warned me about this issue? ONLY U. there is nothing more that can be added. As i had said before, my first post outlined the entire issue.
            • Jul 19, 2011
              I don't understand that first part. They are from 2 different times.

Of course you witnessed it. I admitted that i say it. It was not grounds for a mute though. Quietly was basing the servers opinion of that comment off of his own opinion. Not much more to say?
            • Dec 6, 2011
              I believe that the mute was perfectly justified, although for the gag, it may have been early but I was aiming to prevent more stuff in chat.

Also, not sure if it matters but the last two lines were for someone else, I was replying to an admin in admin chat.
            Thread Status:
            Not open for further replies.