Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Bug Notifications/username bar doesn't show up on Chrome for Mac

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by dillinger, Oct 5, 2012

1. Feb 1, 2011
    Just FYI - that nifty little thing in the upper right corner of the website with your username, preferences, notifications, and all that jazz doesn't show up on Google Chrome when used on a Mac. No idea why or if it's just me. Works just dandy on Firefox.

Noticed this a long time ago but never thought much of it. Just figured it might be a useful TIDBIT
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Nov 29, 2010
      I've noticed this problem on Safari as well.

And I.E. Flips shit over the website.
    • Feb 14, 2012
      Noticed Chrome flipping it's shit on both Windows and Mac over that top bar.
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Yeah, there are quite a few problems. I've looked at the site in different browsers and it would be beneficial to have clause statements with different set of css files for each one. As a web developer... I can attest that every browser is different. :doh:
    • Jul 14, 2010
      I've experienced this on my school mac as well. Clicking the forum refresh bar fixes it randomly sometimes or refreshing the page, although not always.
    • Jun 4, 2006
      Sounds like some of you are talking about alerts the way they were BEFORE (they'd fuck up on ajax loads but not anymore as of.. 2 days ago), and dill is talking about them not showing at all? Seems like two different things here.

@dillinger gimme a screenshot of it
      Brian, Oct 5, 2012 Last edited by Brian, Oct 5, 2012
    • Dec 30, 2006
      Brian it's the same problem that I told you about when we were troubleshooting the DDOS attacks. The notification and name area doesn't show up.

Idk if you remember that but I brought it up to your attention. It comes back after a couple of refreshes though.
      [IMG]
    • Apr 9, 2007
      What exactly is broken in this screenshot?
    • Jul 1, 2010

Is not in the screenshot above.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Feb 1, 2011
        @Brian for some dumb reason my laptop won't connect to my wireless now that I'm back in Richmond. Basically just picture the page as normal except none of the stuff that Dharkk just posted is there. Sometimes it will come back if I refresh the page and/or navigate to another page, and sometimes it won't. The bar is just empty up there most of the time.

EDIT: It looks exactly like it does in SecProtocol's screenshot