Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

NSanityHD GFX Showcase

Discussion in Creativity started by NSanityHD, Feb 8, 2016

1. Feb 8, 2016

So I thought I'd make a little thread of my photoshop graphics showcase. All graphics (if I decide to do so) I make for any member here at PF will be showcased here, however PSDs to such graphics will not be provided. Unfortunately due to so many people I've made graphics for in the past who asked for the PSD in return for my work they claimed it as there own. For this reason, as shown in @Danger Mouse's avatar I will put a little "NSanityHD GFX" in a transparent form and will try my best to make it barely noticeable but still noticeable enough to see that I made it. (Apologies for this)

Any graphics I make for any PF users, I'd appreciate feedback and rating here on this thread.

Thank you!

Let's get on to my showcase.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
    • Jul 8, 2012
      What version of PS do you use? (Media Studies - Audio Video major here) so curious to what you're using! Looks good!
      • Like Like x 1
      • Feb 8, 2016

I use Adobe Photoshop CS5.1. (A portable version because my last actual installation it's registry entries got corrupted)
      • Feb 8, 2016
        [IMG]

What are your thoughts? Constructive feedback would be appreciated.
      • Apr 26, 2015
        Pretty cluttered imo, good design isn't about shoving as much as you can it's about being more concise. I'd try to trim down the opacity on mattes quite a bit, and clean up the colours of the green. You don't need 2 sets of text saying ban hammer. its a hammer that says ban hammer saying don't fuck with the ban hammer. its a hammer of redundancy don't fuck with redundancy.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Feb 8, 2016
          Thanks for the feedback, Kyro! -- The green is supposed to be in there as the background is representing the Italian flag. :smile: There is however a low opacity/transparency to it. I could change the middle "Don't fuck with the banhammer" text to say something else and unclutter it I suppose. I'll make some changes to it. :smile:
        • Feb 8, 2016

[IMG]
        • Apr 26, 2015
          Adjust your upper left third "NSANITYHD" text to be flush on both borders, push it a couple pixels left and give it some headroom on the top, its crunching the upper quite a bit. Try an emboss on the hammer with the text. Adjust the greens a bit more and make them come out of the dark a tad, its a pretty low colour ratio in the left third so I would try to boost that for balance. Additionally the hammer placement is good but perhaps bring in that PF logo you had and set opac to a bit lower than the original to try to balance the weight of the hammer on the left.
          • Informative Informative x 1