Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Number of recently played maps POLL

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by jookbob, Jul 5, 2012

What do you think is the optimum # of recently played maps.

8 15 vote(s) 44.1%
10 9 vote(s) 26.5%
12 5 vote(s) 14.7%
14 1 vote(s) 2.9%
16 4 vote(s) 11.8%
  1. Mar 19, 2012
    In case you don't already know, after you play a map you must wait X amount of maps before you can play/nominate it again. This way maps that are super overplayed like mako and pred, wont be played 24/7 and it gives other maps a chance to get played. Plaguefest has TONS of great maps that should get played but rarely do. What do you think is the perfect number of recently played maps?

The main point of this thread is for the poll so please vote.
  2. May 30, 2012
    my vote is 8 but i'm also a fan of Mako/Predator, but i agree with peoples who have it just like you.
  3. Feb 9, 2012
    you probably shouldve made it 8 or less and 16 or more. also labeling that 10 is our current amount of recently played maps required.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • May 30, 2012
      I agree with trigger as i would vote 2, 4 or 6 XD!

but yeah you should have made i less or more so we had more to vote on.
    • Apr 1, 2012
      number of recently played = 8, as shown in !mphist or nomination list
      10 if you include current map and the possibility of playing the preferred map after that.

increasing this value by 2 or 3 should be fine.
    • Feb 12, 2012
      I like Mako and Pred but... But they're realy overplayed.
      Also, I hate bastards with mics that nominating shitty maps after Mako, agitating everyone to vote for them, then to RTV for another shitty map so we can RTV it too and so on... and so we getting to Mako again in 1 hour... lol
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Mar 12, 2008
        i voted the largest number because i dont like to read and like big numbers
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Jun 17, 2012
          Would it be possibly to Mute the voip when voting for maps happens?
        • Feb 18, 2011
          It is possible for admins to mute everyone at that time, I've had to do it a few times because people do nothing but spam during map votes. If we could get an official ruling saying that we could do it every time then yes but I don't know if there are server settings or a plugin that would mute everyone during vote.
        • Apr 1, 2012

running out of binds in a stupid laptop with no numpad....
        • Mar 19, 2012
          I dont see what the big deal is. I mean its only like 10 seconds of spam its not a big deal. I mean sometimes it gets out of hand but people should have the right to try to rally votes for a map. Also I noticed that whenever option 1 is not chosen, the reason is ALWAYS because of the people on the mic advocating for something else.
        • Jul 20, 2010
          They can say vote for insert map name/number. If its just once I have no problem but where their constantly just spamming a number over the mic or map name along with 10+ other people its mic spam and they get muted. Also lawls to bringing rights into a discussion again.
        • Feb 18, 2011
          Spam is still spam, and I have no problem with them trying to get people to choose a certain map, but it turns into spam then it is a problem.
        • Feb 14, 2012
          This shit again? The reason you see preditor and mako some days repeatedly is because the count of recent maps resets when the server crashes which allows them to be played again. 8 map wait time is just fine, don't fuck with what isn't broken. As for spamming the chat and the voice chat during map votes I was always under the impression that we deal with the worst offenders not silence the entire server. It's the same fools over and over spamming during these times, I'm not going to name names but I definitely have a list of people I hover over with the mute button.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Jan 11, 2011
            In my opinion you shouldn't care at all on the recently played maps number until the servers stop crashing so often.
            There is no point having a minimum of 8 or 24 if you are going to crash on Predator, restart the server on Minecraft, and go back to Predator.

That said, I must confess I'm not 100% sure how often the server is crashing nowadays, but the rotation I just mentioned was pretty common 1 month ago.

BTW, some days ago I saw someone on a post mentioning the posibility of removing the less played maps, and people saying that there is no bad in having them and that some people like them...
            However, if those maps get RTVed most of the time they affect directly the map rotation, is not the same playing 7 maps before going back to Mako, than playing 1 or 2 maps and RTVing 6 or 5 before doing so; making the 8-maps-rotation look more like a 3-map rotation. (Specially if people nominate "hated" maps on purpouse so they can go back to play their favourite-overplayed map).
            So I suggest you guys keeping an eye close to those maps that are RTVed almost everytime (or after one easy 1-0 victory) because they affect the map rotation making it feel shorter.
          • Jan 9, 2012
            I keep saying it. For every time the map gets extended, it should be +2 to the recently played map list for that map once it is done.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Feb 14, 2012
              That idea I like. Actually it's the first idea in a jookbob daily bitch thread that I like. Ever. As for server uptime according to Kyle's little info thing the best we do is about a day or two.
            • Jan 9, 2012
              Find a way to keep the recently played list seperate of the server, so it does not restart when the server crashes.

Maybe if a map RTVs within 5 minutes (The vote window comes up within a 5 minute period), it will not reduce the amount of played maps. Say Mako was in 3rd palace, next map, it will be in 3rd place and the rtv'd map will go the the end of the list.

I like to try out new stuff and to play different stuff. The server has loads of maps, and it is nice to give one of the lesser known ones a try every now and then, to take a break from the most played maps.
            • Jul 19, 2011
              Most people seem to like 8. In order to compensate for the MINORITY, management has generously upped it to 10. Please no more of these....
            • May 31, 2012
              I think the poll hasn't ended as you expected...
              • Winner Winner x 1
              • Zing! Zing! x 1