Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Obama supports net neutrality

Discussion in In The News started by Sam Axe, Nov 10, 2014

1. Jan 13, 2010
    You might not care for Obama's policies or "Obama Care" as it has been dubbed, but if you're a gamer and an avid user of the internet, (as pretty much everyone in this community is) then you can't disagree with our President on this topic. Net neutrality, if you've been living under a rock, would allow ISP's to give companies the right to "fast lanes" on the internet, most likely for a very hefty fee. Doesn't sound so bad, right? Think again. This would leave everyone else either unwilling or unable to pay the fees stuck in "slow lanes" and would spell the end for most small and start up businesses that would rely on the internet for advertisement and sales transactions. It would shut down many sites that get a lot of traffic, but don't profit from it and couldn't afford to pay those fees, and I believe it would eventually lead to the destruction of small communities, such as ours, as server hosts shut down or raise their fees for servers exponentially to go into these "fast lanes". If you haven't been paying attention or just don't care, you should change that attitude now and support net neutrality. Obama only has a short 2 years (as of this month, 2016) left in office, after that, who knows what the next Presidents opinion on net neutrality will be.

One source of many: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/10/obama-internet-net-neutrality/18793429/
    • Like Like x 2
    • Apr 28, 2013
      Woah woah I was just looking at this yesturday!!! XDD
    • Jan 13, 2010
      It's a scary thing, isn't it. The internet would become a barren wasteland of companies that can afford the fast lanes, but no one to even use them.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Oct 24, 2013
        There is a site i once donated to that still sends me the details and petitions for fighting Congress and their corporate agendas.
        Ill look through my email because they give very good detailed explanations of the bills that pass through or being talked about.
        The site only deals with the net neutrality just fyi.
        Post Merged, Nov 10, 2014
        It's demandprogress.org
        • Like Like x 1
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Jul 8, 2012