Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Official MLP:FiM General Discussion

Discussion in TV Shows started by Vadleon, Feb 28, 2012

1. Jan 12, 2011
    I realize by posting a thread about My Little Pony that I'm probably going to catch a lot of flak from Forum users, but this thing has been coming up every now and then, and I thought I'd save some people the trouble of finding a place to discuss it. So here it is.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - General Discussion

I first want to start off with a few rules:
    • Keep it civil. I realize not everyone watches the show, but if you hate it for whatever reason, don't come in here yelling "PONY HUMPING DOUCHEBAGS" since not only is that rude, but I would consider that harassment. Everyone has their opinions, but there is NO reason to flame members of the community based on a show they choose to watch. Suppose I didn't like House? Etc. Etc. Likewise, don't argue with people who do/don't like the show. There's really no point, and it'll more than likely just get out of hand. I realize that acceptance may be an uphill kinda thing, but I think a show some people like should be allowed it's own area.
    • This thread's goal is not to force people to like the show, but rather provide a place they can read about it and simply enable their curiosity. I hope to update it later with show information, references, and other things so it is reasonably informative and I'll try to keep it up to date. The idea is to present information and let people think about it. People who already like the show can talk about relevant developments.
    • Please don't spam the thread with image macros. You may want to share images or screencaps, but just thumbnail them so it doesn't roll the page out to ridiculous lengths. If you have a lot, just zip them and post a link. Spoilerception works too, if you're clever.
    • For anything of questionable content (suggestive themes, sexy, meme spam, gore, etc.) SPOILER IT so the rest of us don't have to see it right away. Also tell what you expect to spoiler so people don't walk on a landmine. I hope people use their sense and don't post this stuff, but just in case.... Anything really unsavory might be removed by the Forums Staff. Let's just try to avoid this, just in case.
    I really hope I don't need more than that... just be respectful and use common sense guys.

The Show

Why? (quoting a SA thread since it summed it up well)
    There's more that I'll post later, and I'll probably be drawing from different places for more information. Please be patient as I work out the OP...

When season 4 comes out I'll tweak this. In the meantime, check Hub listings for reruns.
    New Saturdays at 10am EST (7am PST) on the Hub. Re-air at 1pm EST (10am PST) on the Hub.

Other Site Links:
    Here are some handy links to places with either more information or more content!

Hub MLP Page
    This is where MLP:FiM is officially listed for the channel it's shown on.
    MLP:FiM Wiki
    A wiki of the show. Provides a pretty good archive of characters, episodes, and other related articles.
    A forum that split off of Something Awful for pony discussion.
    A place for pictures, art, and more.
    Equestria Daily
    A news post of MLP related things.

(lots of editing to come...)
    For now, let's just start off with if you like/dislike the show and why. If you could, explain the why so it isn't a shallow response like "I like it cause magic is awesome!" or "I don't like it cause it's for little girls."
    • Agree Agree x 11
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
      Vadleon, Feb 28, 2012 Last edited by Vadleon, Jul 2, 2013
    • Jan 12, 2011
      More about the show
      (Editing to come)

• Twilight Sparkle
      • Spike
      • Applejack
      • Rainbow Dash
      • Rarity
      • Fluttershy
      • Pinkie Pie
      • Princess Celestia
      Here I'll be updating with episode name, number, description, and (when possible) links to videos.
      Itunes links for episode purchases in will also be provided for non-watermarked 720p goodness.

-- Season 1 --
      E01 - Friendship is Magic, Part 1
      E02 - Friendship is Magic, Part 2
      E03 - The Ticket Master
      E04 - Applebuck Season
      E05 - Griffon the Brush-off
      E06 - Boast Busters
      E07 - Dragonshy
      E08 - Look Before You Sleep
      E09 - Bridle Gossip
      E10 - Swarm of the Century
      E11 - Winter Wrap Up
      E12 - Call of the Cutie
      E13 - Fall Weather Friends
      E14 - Suited for Success
      E15 - Feeling Pinkie Keen
      E16 - Sonic Rainboom
      E17 - Stare Master
      E18 - The Show Stoppers
      E19 - A Dog and Pony Show
      E20 - Green Isn't Your Color
      E21 - Over A Barrel
      E22 - A Bird in the Hoof
      E23 - The Cutie Mark Chronicles
      E24 - Owls Well That Ends Well
      E25 - Party of One
      E26 - The Best Night Ever

-- Season 2 --
      E01 - The Return of Harmony, Part 1
      E02 - The Return of Harmony, Part 2
      E03 - Lesson Zero
      E04 - Luna Eclipsed
      E05 - Sisterhooves Social
      E06 - The Cutie Pox
      E07 - May The Best Pet Win
      E08 - The Mysterious Mare Do Well
      E09 - Sweet and Elite
      E10 - Secret of My Excess
      E11 - Hearth's Warming Eve
      E12 - Family Appreciation Day
      E13 - Baby Cakes
      E14 - The Last Roundup
      E15 - The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000
      E16 - Read it and Weep
      E17 - Hearts and Hooves Day
      E18 - A Friend in Deed
      E19 - Putting Your Hoof Down
      E20 - It's About Time
      E21 - Dragon Quest
      E22 - Hurricane Fluttershy
      E23 - Ponyville Confidential
      E24 - MMMystery on the Friendship Express
      E25+26 - A Canterlot Wedding

-- Season 3 --
      E01+02 - The Crystal Empire
      E03 - Too Many Pinkie Pies
      E04 - One Bad Apple
      E05 - Magic Duel
      E06 - Sleepless in Ponyville
      E07 - Wonderbolts Academy
      E08 - Apple Family Reunion
      E09 - Spike At Your Service
      E10 - Keep Calm and Flutter On
      E11 - Just For Sidekicks
      E12 - Games Ponies Play
      E13 - Magical Mystery Cure

(Descriptions will come soon, will be spoilered to save page length)

Extra Stuff:
      (reserved for more info)
      • Informative Informative x 2
        Vadleon, Feb 28, 2012 Last edited by Vadleon, Jul 2, 2013
      • Sep 14, 2008
        Please keep this thread respectful. Please do not be rude in here. I will clean up this thread and issue warnings if it gets out of hand. You can voice your dislikes, that is fine, but please do not call others names.
        • Agree Agree x 4
        • Jan 12, 2012
          Peter approves this post =]
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Mar 12, 2008
            • Agree Agree x 7
            • Sep 14, 2008
              I myself have never seen the show to be honest. I did however used to own the toys when I was little. I loved those things! lol
              • Informative Informative x 1
              • Jul 28, 2011
                This thread receives the Official GRUDGE Stamp of Meh.
                • Agree Agree x 3
                • Oct 29, 2010
                  And all was laid to burnination.
                  • Agree Agree x 2
                  • Feb 1, 2011
                    I strongly disapprove of this post and have lots of four-letter-words in mind that I would like to use.
                    • Agree Agree x 4
                    • Winner Winner x 2
                    • Funny Funny x 1
                    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
                    • Dirtbag
                      This message by Dirtbag has been removed from public view. Deleted by Dani, Feb 28, 2012, Reason: Read the rules next time before posting.
                      Feb 28, 2012
                    • Jan 12, 2011
                      I'll go ahead and start with why I like the show.
                      The characters are relatable, the animation is pretty smooth and expressive, and the humor isn't really that childish. The show has a remarkable charm to it that I still have trouble describing, but it's pleasant and a good shift from other more intense or moody topics in TV shows. It's something different and that counts. Girly preconceptions might have been a block before, but sticking to my open-mindedness and giving the show a shot, I found it surprisingly different from what I (and that matter most people) expected out of it. Now I watch new episodes when they come on and share some laughs with people seeing the little references come out or what people do with various screens and text.

And to basically sum up how I got into it: Curiosity.
                      Sketch 2011-02-11 01_04_39
                    • Dec 7, 2010
                      I personally can't get past the 5 year old little girl show persona. There may be something deeper with the show but the packaging makes watching the show frivolous.
                    • Jul 1, 2010
                      It won't, as much as I dislike this thread the rules will be enforced.
                    • Mar 12, 2008
                      We should rename ourselves PonyFest, cause that's where this place is going.

Added plus? you don't need to change the PF at all, just make the forums pink.
                    • Jan 12, 2011
                      No need for people to freak out that ponies are getting around. I simply made a thread for people to talk about it. I know that the people who watch it are in the minority, but that doesn't mean there can't be a place to talk about it, as uneasy as it may be in the presence of so much strife. :sweat:

Edit: And yes I know that I probably dropped a few dozen notches on some people's "Cool meters"... Just thought it was about time to make a thread for everyone and get past this topic.
                    • Apr 2, 2011
                      While I question the need of this thread, because... well... http://plaguefest.com/threads/bronies-facts-and-myths.7413/#post-94423
                      Oh those were the days... but this subject seems to be, rather controversial... I mean, before bootcamp the first time I even HEARD of MLP was the admin Fluttershy... and I teased the hell outa him for it...
                      If you haven't noticed my sig. Yes I do watch the show, yes I am "brony". No I don't care what you guys think. I only care what I think. God Forbid someone dislikes what I like... ain't like I have a brother that used the beat the shit outa me for beating him at video games and for watching law and order when I was supposed to be watching spongebob and other cartoons (talk about times changing eh?)

Anyways: I love the show... it makes me happy, the characters, the animation (the intro still... God... ugh...), the plot. Makes me happy you know? And after getting fucked from the Army... Happiness has been rough to come by... and I will take everything I can get. It helps me cope I guess... so whatevs you know? I don't hate you for disliking bronies, I don't hate you if you make fun of the show without watching it... I USED TO DO THAT AS WELL!!!! I will laugh with you at shit like this: [IMG] I think it is flat out hilarious! So hey, live and let live... you know? Just sit back and let the river of time take us to the end :smile:

EDIT: Oh by the way... This ain't the only shit I watch lol, just to put people's minds at ease...
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • May 15, 2011
                        Okay, I guess I'll jump in too then. :grin:

I kept hearing about MLP this and MLP that and I was wondering why the fuck people liked something so gay, so I went and watched the first episode. I can't say I SUDDENLY FUCKING LOVED PONIES cause I didn't. It made me laugh a few times so I thought sure, why the fuck not. I watched it till the new episode in one night. Although that's not abnormal for me as I've watched 3 Season anime's within 48 hours, only leaving my room to eat and piss. :/

I don't actually have much of a reason for staying with it. I like the show less than I do most other things. I do it more because it's fun to go against the status quo. The only thing I really love about the ponies is the art. I have SO much fucking art from this thing. What these fags are able to pump out is fucking amazing. And with such quality too.

So that's how I became a Pony lovin' Pedophile.
                      • Taters
                        This message by Taters has been removed from public view. Deleted by Dharkk, Feb 28, 2012, Reason: Nope.
                        Feb 28, 2012
                      • Oct 29, 2010
                        I like Naruto.
                        • Like Like x 4
                        • Winner Winner x 1
                        • May 27, 2008
                          Last weeks episode was pretty fanfuckingtastic!
                          • Agree Agree x 1
                          • Informative Informative x 1
                          • Mar 12, 2008
                          • Stormblizzard
                            This message by Stormblizzard has been removed from public view. Deleted by Stormblizzard, Feb 28, 2012, Reason: I did not use Proper Grammar..
                            Feb 28, 2012
                          • Jan 12, 2011
                            I don't think you're really helping sell this....
                            Just so people don't get confused, this show isn't about having a pony fetish or liking little girls or whatever. It's about enjoying characters, jokes, and whatever else the show presents. Some people enjoy it more than others and might have different interests for their own reasons. We're not a bunch of fucked up creepers, as some have referred to the fanbase before.

For example, I'm just another guy who goes to college, tries to make a living, and watches other "manlier" shows like Survivorman. But I also have a pretty open appreciation for random shows, one of which being MLP:FiM. Nothing big going on there.