Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Official Walking Dead General Discussion

Discussion in TV Shows started by Angel/Latino King, Jul 16, 2012

1. Jul 14, 2008
    "If we see you out here, anywhere near our people... I'll kill you." - Rick

Ladies and gentlemen, I am most honored to present you the 4 minutes trailer of the new season (in case you haven't watched it).

Don't miss the season 3 premiere of The Walking Dead, Oct. 14. Only on AMC.

I have read the comics (Many thanks to @butterface for recommending it!!), so if the show follows the storyline, or at least the major events like they have done so far I can tell you that we are in for a hell of a season!

Edit! Post your comments, expectations and fears, mostly fears, you should be very afraid of what's coming up.
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
      Angel/Latino King, Jul 16, 2012 Last edited by Angel/Latino King, Jul 16, 2012
    • Nov 11, 2011
      This looks amazing, the prison was a great cliffhanger last season. The seasons I've been dying to watch:

Breaking Bad
      The Walking Dead
      Dexter
      Burn Notice (already commenced)
    • Feb 21, 2007
    • May 27, 2008
      It loosely follows the storyline, but who knows, maybe they'll do something right with this season.
    • Feb 15, 2012
      **me watching the trailer** :grin:
      • Funny Funny x 4
      • Mar 4, 2012
        This show is like watching a train wreck to me. I like it but it pisses me off at the same time because everyone in it is retarded. They bitch and moan about everything and 99% of the time people die or someone nearly dies because of some completely retarded thing they just did.

Case in point:
        CS Spray #14
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Nov 11, 2011
          But you also have to understand that they realize their child is growing up in a different world. The fabric that they grew up in is being torn apart and they made the decision to arm him because of changing circumstances. Some children mature faster then others, and I'm sure if my kid was living in a zombie apocalypse, I would strap him up to the tee.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Mar 4, 2012
            Yeah I understand that but he has shown that he is not mature enough. Giving someone, especially a child, a weapon and expecting them to perform under pressure with little to no training is asking for a disaster. Even Rick and Shane made horrible decisions. The group had horrible security, gave away half of their guns to a bunch of strangers, wasted resources hauling around a prisoner which they shouldn't have taken in the first place, let one of their own get captured, let zambis kill half of their group due to poor security measures (1st season), let a little girl get lost in the woods, failed to properly secure the farm (when they had plenty of time to do so), someone got fucking pregnant and they alienated and then killed the only person that had a shred of common sense when it comes to survival (Shane).
          • Nov 11, 2011
            You are a fucking retard. :pain: He was the only person that lacked any common sense in this show. He was a psycho from season 1.
          • Mar 4, 2012
            Wrong. Just because he was a psycho doesn't mean he didn't have some valid points. Like killing the prisoner that they shouldn't have taken in the first place. I could probably come up with some more instances where he was making a better decision than Rick but I haven't seen the show since the end of the last season.

They couldn't even kill him right. If I was Rick I would have just shot him as soon as he made any threatening gesture toward my family or me. Hell I probably would have shot him after find out that he slept with my wife.

Also, they could have handled the whole affair situation much better. Once Rick came back everyone pretty much shit on the guy. Plus you're forgetting that he trained the group on basic shooting techniques not to mention he was one of the best fighters.
          • Jul 14, 2012
            Shane was a loose cannon ( or should i say lou scannon) that needed to be dealt with before he tried to kill anyone else in the group.
            Anyways looks like Merle is back!
          • May 14, 2011
            I wonder what will happen with the katana woman seen at the end of season 2. If anyone can survive till the end, she can. Hopefully we get to follow her story as well as the original group's.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2.
          • May 14, 2011

Goes away to cry.

EDIT: Sorry for DP. I thought it would join them.

Seems like this thing aint working via tapatalk. :frown:

EDIT2: Got it working through hidemyass :smile: Looks epic!
            Ghost, Jul 17, 2012 Last edited by Ghost, Jul 17, 2012
          • Feb 14, 2012
            Shane was insane but Laurie made him that way. Behind every insane man is a woman emotionally fucking with him. If it wasn't for her "LOL FRIENDZONEEEEEEED!" bullshit he would have been just fine. His survival instincts kept them alive up until Rick came back and fucked everything up with his carebear attitude. Between Laurie's insanity causing vagina, and Rick's hug a zombie day stance it's a fucking miracle anyone made it out alive.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Nov 11, 2011
              He had valid points rarely and when he did, he didn't relay them properly. And I was actually against the killing of the prisoner, it was premeditated murder. Even they realized it and that's why they tried to find a place to leave somewhere away from the farm.

And Rick killed the guys in the bar who were a real threat, not conjectures about "oh what if this guy has friends and they come and rape my child, let's kill them to make sure." And the only real voice of reason besides Rick was the old guy (which they removed from the show). And Rick didn't kill Shane when he found out that Shane slept with his wife because he understood that they thought he was dead and Shane and Rick were best friends. It was only natural for Shane to want to take care of Rick's family. If it was the other way around... Shane would have killed Rick. Totally different mentalities.

And shooting in the show is so fucking bad that I laugh everytime I watch it. Like the part where the farm was burning and everyone was in a car on a bumpy road, like 50 yards away and getting headshots one after another. Anyone who's practiced shooting a gun in real life knows what I'm talking about... it just doesn't work that way. In a real world situation, those bullets would be landing a hundred feet away from your target. But I still love the show for it's storyline.
            • Feb 14, 2012
              The amount of ammo they have is also absurd. Hershel's double barrel shot gun fired over 50 rounds.
              • Agree Agree x 2
              • Mar 4, 2012
                They should have just left him there to die in the first place. Secondly they should have just killed him once they had him instead of needlessly wasting gasoline and medical equipment.

I don't really see why you would even take the risk of that happening. It's a stupid move. No matter how remote that possibility is it's still a risk you don't need to take. You can argue about the ethical nature of killing an unarmed prisoner all day but when it comes down to it the safest option is to kill him.

Haha this 1000 times over.

Yes. Absolutely this.
              • Sep 17, 2011
                If you're posting in this thread and haven't read TWD comics yet... Please...Go NAO! and DO IT ~ luls @Angel/Latino King :angel:
              • Jul 14, 2008

Season 3 starts today!
                • Like Like x 2
                • May 14, 2011
                  I hope no-one puts spoilers in the thread too fast after the airing as people who cant get AMC live have to wait an extra day :frown: (like me)
                  Post Merged, Oct 14, 2012
                  YOU CAN NOW STREAM AMC HERE: http://www.amctv.com/thewalkingdead4dish

I entered apples details (zipcode + phonenumber + name) and just kept my email and the verification worked :O