Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Ok, some progress.

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Foxi, Jul 17, 2009

1. Apr 9, 2009
    I've decided that I'm not a very good zm mapper (im really not xD) and am going to be mapping for gmod, since I have more fun without a purpose. Sorry :/
    After a good 3(?) months, my map is finally at the point where I've run out of ideas for it and feel it's "beta" stage'd - i.e. I want help but can say it's still in beta. :razz: I'm open to all criticism. While I hope you like the map, I will appreciate any criticism you have for the map as that is why I'm posting it now.

Now before you download it, I want to point out the known problems with it, as I am going to fix them in the final release.
    • The bus stop has missing/dev textures. They are going to be custom textures, the dev textures look better than any other textures atm as they don't show stretching as obviously.
    • There's no way to the second garage level. An elevator will be added in the final release.
    • There's no ramp or anything on the first floor of the garage. Will be fixed later too, a bit lazy on that one. xD
    • There's a giant empty area next to T spawn. This is where I need help for ideas.
    • Fences don't fully fit. Another going-to-be-fixed
    • Some objects are hard to move.
    • 3d skybox will be added, hopefully.
    • Some textures are slightly off/missized.

And soundscapes will be added later.

Without any further delay:

Cheers, all. All ideas are welcome. :grin:

Current criticisms being addressed;
    • not enough camping spots and fixing of a few rooms that are impossible to work.
  2. Apr 9, 2007
    Any ETA on the more "Final" version?
  3. Apr 9, 2009
    Depends on what I get from this. If I get a lot of negative feedback, it could be weeks. If I get good feedback, a few days(since I have to fill up that empty spot, preferably with another building).