Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Old pF

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Oxazebam, Jul 29, 2015

Would you like to see the first 2 ideas back on PF (only if possible)

Yes 22 vote(s) 91.7%
No 2 vote(s) 8.3%
  1. Mar 29, 2015
    so i rememeber back in the day when you got stabbed/killed a little rank message would pop up and tell you how many points you had, lost, who took em and all that awesome stuff. i was just wondering what happened to it? was there a reason it never been turned back on or removed? would be awesome if it was possible to have it returned?

also is there anyway to check who death logs/logs out to avoide death like it used too? now days it shows u a log in but it doesnt tell you if they log out and lately i have witnessed and heard a few admins saying ppl have deathlogged but no one can figuer out who it is due to no log? is it possible for this feature to be returned too? or is that one gone for good too.
    if its a case of someone needs to re code or anything like that i would be happy to pay them for the time it takes em to fix it providing that this would be ok and is actually plausible :smile:

one last suggestion is would it be possible to make a rule to not grief partys and !pfly if your not meant to be part of said party? new people joining a party sometimes mess it up and let the whole server see the party name and they join and then refuse to leave it and !pfly to troll people. like for instance the other day we had someone who wasnt ment to be in the party join it and pfly non stop spaming it griefing us forcing us to message 100+ memebers with a new party name because 1 or a couple ppl are rude and out to troll. so i was wondering if it could be added to the general rules to enforce someone leaving if they arnt wanted? its so annoying having to change a party name and get everyone to enter the new one successfully again without any fail is almost impossible and is forcing us to change everything just because of a few people who find it funny to grief. maybe there is a command or something to remove someone from a party list and i dont know it? if there is any other commands with the Party plugin other then pchat pfly plist and party that could remove someone but it would be amamzing and save a hell of a lot of time effort and grief.

Thanks for taking the time to read this guys any feedback on the 3 ideas would be much appreciated.

Lee ~~ [pF] President Oxazebam
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
      Oxazebam, Jul 29, 2015 Last edited by Oxazebam, Jul 29, 2015
    • Feb 25, 2014
      Problem these days I encounter the most is that like 60% of the players are friendly to each other and raging when u bs then. Zombie mod is very dull if you get to big of a groups who never backstab eachother.
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Mar 29, 2015
        i can deffinatly see where your coming from meltdown as we do not backstab we ztele and then come back to kill each other. i could understand if you could only join a party with ! and it wasnt meant to be private but in all fairness that is what a @private party is for so you and your friends/clan to be able to tele to each other then you work as a team to fight the horde without worrying about idiots who have nothing better to do otherthen try and grief because it is a big party and they want kills...? i think just because someone accidently types in the party wrong causing unwanted people to join the party and be allowed to grief really sucks and isnt the idea behind having a private party... we have had to change 2x now due to this issue. and the issue of big groups when we have done it it acutally forces people to become better to kill you like it was back in the old days where a spot might take 3 of the best players working together to get that guy or 20 guys thats what made it fun! now tho everything is baby fenced off :frown:
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Dec 17, 2007
          Sounds like a personal problem, i doubt this would be considered griefing if it is the intended players causing it themselves.

This has been asked before , not sure why they can't bring it back, prob bc of a glitch or system bug.

bc nayr is a rank whore
        • Mar 29, 2015
          being a rank whore has nothin to do with wanting to see how many points n what rank player killed you when u die tho you can still be a rank whore all you want all it does is tell you how much rank you just lost and who did it and what their rank is but i think this one also reverts back to the old system it was running on. :frown:

and yes ^^^^^ fail lol first time quoting failz
        • Feb 25, 2014
          Some clans just grow to big, if you have 10 clan and 4 randoms, well yeah u know where i get at
        • Dec 27, 2012
          I don't see anything wrong with rank whoring as long as they play fair and as ZM is intended to be played. Also, +support.
          • Agree Agree x 4
          • Dec 17, 2007

you're talking about making a rule based on a clan. PF won't make rules regarding clans. It's much like another person putting on a clan tag or using a clan name when they're not actually part of that clan, it's not actually illegal bc it doesn't have anything to do with PF. If you're talking about a member joining your clan and then spamming the !fly cmd bc they are asked to leave, well again that is actually a clan deal and doesn't actually involve PF.

It's like that one dude, I can't remember his name, but he kept using the BFF tag even though he was never invited to be in BFF. Nothing admins can do about it bc it's a clan deal and as long as they weren't misrepresenting PF then it wasn't against the rules.
          • Mar 29, 2015
            its not just a clan problem and im not asking it to only be changed for our clan i would like this to be server wide change as this happened to us long before the clan with private partys and has continued to happen in clan. this happens to everyone now and again and its really annoying to have to deal with it when it could be a simple enforced rule making them leave. the party system is pF and for anyone to use as !public party means or a @ private party and when someone is griefing that ability to deliberately annoy players it should be stopped. like i said you cant jump on someone head if asked to stop because of grief but it should be ok to delibrately join someones party to pfly over and over to a player to bug them and harass them. just seems like flat out griefing to me.
          • Jul 14, 2010
            I think this would be a good idea, but only if it were optional (for example, default off, but allow the players to turn it on) as some people might not want it.

I've been bringing this up for awhile, but it's not an easy fix. I think one of our mandatory plugins unintentionally got rid of the messages and Kyle said it wasn't something we could test. I think it would be awesome to have back and solve a lot of headaches, but we might need to think of an alternative solution.

I don't think people should be trolling parties, but it shouldn't be hard to make some random party name up and private message it to everyone you want in the party.
            I thought it only showed the "User has pflied to so and so" message if you were in the party, but I may remember that incorrectly.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Mar 29, 2015
              yeh penguin the problem is its our clan party and theres over 100 people so re messaging out the party info if a nightmare :frown: the problem comes into play when someone joins the party sometimes whe you for example @party oxa although u have done it all correct it stills shows it on chat and then theres the all it takes is 1 person to enter it wrong and it ruins the party. i think this rule is needed as its becoming a more frequent thing for everyone.
            • Feb 25, 2014
              Please remove people in spec from the RTV system, we can't do shit because people stay online while they sleep, this is fucking frustrating for us. Go off line if you stop playing.

• Agree Agree x 1
              • Feb 24, 2011
                What about if someone in spec types RTV, let them have their RTV but force join them into a team. If they go to spec again they lose their RTV.
                • Agree Agree x 2
                • Feb 25, 2014
                  or auto kick people in a certain time. they won't be missed if there just not doing anything anyway
                • Dec 17, 2007
                  That already happens with AFK man. Not to mention there has already been a thread about this about a week or so ago http://plaguefest.com/threads/proposal-to-have-requirements-lowered-to-rtv.20608/ . Why are you posting this in someone else's thread? Sry just seems a little disrespectful that you are completely changing the subject and taking away from what ox was posting a thread about.
                • Nov 20, 2013
                  Agree with you 7

why rank whore? It's just a way of playing as long as it is legal. If you do not like, you should not make that kind of comment
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Mar 27, 2015
                    You're exaggerating. It's not becoming a frequent thing and if you have a problem, then don't use the party system, and if you do, don't complain.
                  • Mar 29, 2015
                    considering only 1 of the incidents was you and theres been about 10 not only with me id say it is becoming more frequent but ofc your butthurt and had to put in ur 2 cents.
                  • Mar 27, 2015
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Dec 17, 2007
                      You obviously missed the joke, not to mention it's proven fact that nayr is a rank whore.
                      • Funny Funny x 2