Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

'one-hop' bhopping clarification

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Andrew, Sep 7, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 12, 2012
    Hey, I know bhopping is illegal, but I'm looking for clarification on whether something similar is also illegal: when a player jumps and upon landing jumps immediately a second time, but then does no more jumping. This is used to navigate obstacles, and even to go for materia on mako (the 2nd earth spawn for example, when jumping the pipes).

I would just like the official word on whether the one-hop is legal or not, because I see admins doing it quite often (even for materia), but then at other times, I see admins saying it is illegal.
  2. Aug 2, 2010
    Any action that involves giving a player an edge is not fair. Jumping once to clear an obstacle would be fine. Jumping once down a decline (such as the stairs on Mako) to gain speed is not allowed.
  3. Feb 1, 2011
    No idea what the official stance is, but I've never enforced on the "one-hop" unless it was an obvious bhop downhill used to gain speed. If you're jumping on crates over a pool of acid or something and you're timing your jumps correctly, I don't consider the "one-hop" to be bhopping. I think it'd be kinda dumb to force players to pause and wait to jump again on maps that force you to continually jump over a series of obstacles or avoid the floor by jumping on crates/platforms.
  4. Apr 9, 2012
    I have twice been freezed for bhopping in mako at the same spot (namely those stairs)

What's funny though, is that like half of all the players bhop on the pipes at mako at every curved brush everytime mako is on. I mean every time, like there is no exception. I got freezed twice out of all players in the entire rounds of Mako, only me. All other players bhopped their way to the core and I could stay behind getting captured by the zombies.

Please note that this is not a complaint because I was frozen as they were right that I 'bhopped', but I complain about the fact that even though this rule seems to be highly respected, admins do not seems to care freezing half the team. Instead they pick a lucky one to probably warn the others not doing it either (which of course does not affect anyone I think).

Anyway it was only 1 day that it happened and ever since I do not give any extra hops on Mako anymore (because I could recall that MONTHS ago players did this the whole time (double jump on Mako stairs) and admins tdid not even give a single warning (I didn't even know back then that it was illegal)).

Just saying
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Jul 20, 2010
      A lot of people bhop down slopped planes and gain a good amount of speed to get ahead of everyone. It can be rather hard to catch everyone's names when they are grouped up together like that on mako and other maps that people bhop on. Its very noticeable the amount of speed people get doing it and with the bhop plugin being broken we are manually enforcing the rule for it. If admins are indeed doing this down slopped planes(and flat ground) let them know and let LSA's or roots know so we can let them know in case you don't want to tell the admin for some reason. What are we supposed to do if we don't know their doing it as well? Bring it to our attention so something can be done.
    • Feb 14, 2012
      This is becoming quite the problem. The half zombie in particular is broken due to bunny hoping more than once that little shit can be seen rocketing over barricades at much faster than intended speeds. The humans triggering events ahead of the group / killing everyone is a rarity but the half zombie issue is continuous, it seems to be the same "elite" players abusing it as well. You know the guys I'm talking about they can be seen mysteriously dying in spawn at the beginning of each round.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      What I think he's talking about is the one 'bounce' off the ground from a jump. It doesn't matter if it's still only one 'bounce', because it's still not allowed and is considered gaining an unfair amount of speed. Especially with the pipes on Mako. Nobody should have to use their mousewheel at all on ZE, since it's main purpose is solely bunnyhopping (but of course some just use it for regular jumping, which is fine).
    • Apr 12, 2012
      Yes, that is what I'm talking about. Also, I bhop using my left mouse button for jump, no other keys/mousewheels :wink:
    • Jul 16, 2012
      How do you shoot then? Bhop in ZE is jumping and gaining speed that you wouldn't get from just running. Even if it's just two jumps.
    • Nov 11, 2011
      My two cents, a one hop is still considered bunnyhopping. It accelerates your velocity and gives you an unfair advantage. I believe it's illegal.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      It is illegal, since it's bunnyhopping lol. There shouldn't need to be any more clarification on this for @Andrew , No bunnyhopping/unfair acceleration boost, period.
    • Jul 16, 2012
      Just jumping once slows you down no matter how fast you wiggle your mouse in the air. You will lose more speed touching down than you gain in the air. It would take at least two jumps to gain any speed. Unless you weren't talking about that Sajak. (No quotes.) :grin:
    • May 14, 2011
      Just to make an example out of one hop, once you get out of the elevator first time at mako you could walk along the ridge and then drop down the stairs and hop once, making you fly forward. Yes it does work. :smile:

Although same thing could be said for when your a zombie, for example in portal story and need to get though a single door covered by all CTs. Only way through is Bhop (jumping through it repeatedly without losing speed) A simple walk up to it would send you flying the other way.

Just an observation on it.

CSGO is simply the best way to stop bhopping on zombies. :smile:
    • Oct 29, 2010
      The bhop settings in ZE are so broken, I can currently either:

1.) bhop/accelerate down the stairs using the spacebar alone (Mind you--as a native UT2004 player--I'd rather use spacebar for jump. I absolutely loathe using the scrollwheel for the same function), and
      2.) bhop in a straight line simply by time my jumps with said spacebar--while daydreaming about giraffes or something.

I am inept in bhopping at normal settings (I cannot even bhop for my life in MG, no matter how hard I try), and I am considered shark's bait in regular CSS matches.

This should give an idea of how easily exploitable the current settings are at the moment. . .
      meeko, Sep 7, 2012 Last edited by meeko, Sep 7, 2012
    • Jun 15, 2012
      even with the plugin in place u could still jump down the pipes and gain speed. also one op jumps were nvr an issue with the plugin in place so idk y ppl are asking now (like the pipes be4 2nd earth spawn)
    • Jul 16, 2012
      Gaining speed by jumping is an unfair advantage as a human or zombie and it's illegal, plugin or not. Even one jump to gain speed is illegal. What's wrong with walking down stairs or ramps?
    • Jun 15, 2012
      its actually harder for me to walk down the pipes then to jump xD
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jun 18, 2012
        I see a lot of complaints about BHopping/bouncing/one hopping and GAINING speed but what about timing it correctly and losing speed?

For example if you jump just after you hit the ground where earth is at Mako, youll jump through the tubes at once. This could also be considered an unfair advantage. I also jump after the second short ladder on the stairs on Mako, here I also lose speed, but it's turned into a habit for me to make that curve. (That's without donator skin, with donator skin this ussualy turns into a giant leap forward.)

One hopping or whatever you want to call it ussually isn't that much of an unfair advantage to me but more of a little help to reach certain spots easier without being off the radar for every other player. Also I've NEVER seen an admin stating this is illegal.

Also as an zombie this doesn't have much effect anyway cause I always get shot back when I pop my head out at these kind of points.
      • Feb 1, 2011
        As Meeko mentioned, let's not forget that ZM/ZE are completely BROKEN and you pretty much gain speed whether you want to or not. The speed gains are turning regular players into so-called bhoppers in situations where they would have never been punished before. @Kyle
      • Apr 9, 2007

Let's see how much Dota time I can cut into...
        • Funny Funny x 2
        Thread Status:
        Not open for further replies.