Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Only allow admins to spectate humans on ZM?

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by GRUDGE, Oct 14, 2011

1. Jul 28, 2011
    As some of you may know... I love hiding from zombies!!! I have a knack at finding awesome spots :thumbsup:

However, I've had this happen quite a few times where someone will reconnect, spectate to find me, and then go zombie and infect me when I am one of the last humans remaining. I've seen this happen to others as well and it's pretty lame :down: I don't know if that is against the rules, but if it is I imagine it would be pretty hard to enforce, and if it's not it should be :tongue:

I don't know if it's possible, but my suggestion is that only admins should be able to spectate CTs in ZM. I know disabling spectating all together would make admins' anti-troll services even more difficult, so this is the only thing I could think of.

I hope something can be done about this so I can continue to hide like a ninja/noob.

2. Mar 26, 2011
    I think they shouldn't do it I think its Illegal and it should be punishment.
  3. Dec 7, 2010
    The term you are looking for is referred as "ghosting". It is against the rules to disconnect in order to reconnect spectate and locate someone. The procedure for admins is to issue a warning to the offender and then take escalation steps up to banning the individual for breaking the rules.

Yes all admins are required to enforce all the rules.
  4. Jul 28, 2011
    I always thought of ghosting as the player in spectator telling others where someone is. I'm talking about a person going to spectator to find someone who is hiding, then joining terrorists to go infect that person themselves. They could do this without typing or speaking on the mic to tell others, so there's really no easy way for an admin to catch them unless they are really making an effort to see it happen (the only real giveaway is when someone disconnects then reconnects instantly, then hold tab to see if they go to spectate, then they join T and infect you)
  5. Jul 20, 2010
    Still ghosting >.> If they don't tell anyone and make a bee line for you.
  6. Mar 26, 2011
    That will be ghosting tell them were he is.

P.S. That will be warn if someone tell them were he is? 0.0
  7. May 11, 2011
    the only way to enforce this is if we see a guy quit come back joing spec then come get you i for one when i use to play zm a lot knew a lot of hiding spots so if when i joined i knew where to go
  8. Jul 28, 2011
    So then what can be done to enforce this? I've gotta be honest... there's no real way to 100% prove someone did it, so I feel like I'd pretty much have to rely on admins taking my word for it. I can see admins giving a warning based on this, but not a ban based on just someone's word.

By the way is it even possible to only allow admins to spectate humans? If not then there's really nothing more to discuss.
  9. Dec 17, 2010
    The best that we can do is watch for players that disconnect and reconnect. If we see them in spectate and they end up spawning we will have to end up watching that player to see if he goes straight for you when he spawns. I look for things like that and if they stand still for a few seconds because most likely they will enter something into chat and give your location away when not even near you.
  10. Oct 22, 2007
    Not sure if i script could be used for this or even made but here is a idea. If i script could be made the map would only show one open spot and make spec unable unless you have access via admin. Doubt this could be done so only real way is to watch when people leave, come in and run straight to that spot. Hence if they just joined no way to know you are hiding unless they spec'd you.
  11. Jun 4, 2006
    I think worrying about that is a waste of admin time, personally. Game mode isn't hide n seek after all... you're kind of supposed to be found to fight the horde. Most players want to be found it seems as well. Whether or not they care how they're found is beyond me. :confused:

And for the record, currently it is not possible to allow only admins to spectate humans. Kyle or someone would have to write a plugin, and even then I have no clue if it can be done with sourcepawn. I also personally wouldn't want to limit spectate to only admins. Nor would I want to make it donator +.