Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Open A Rust Server

Discussion in Future Servers started by cuttylicious, Jan 10, 2018

1. Oct 24, 2015
    I have been playing rust for many ages now and the community has lost a lot of good servers. Basically there are only a few really good North American servers running which leaves a void for competition. I think with the large community that Pf has can populate rust server fairly easy.

Also if no one in the staff knows how to set up a rust server i would be glad to help since i use to run a couple rust servers some time ago. I also know which plugins make the game enjoyable and that a lot of servers in the rust community are lacking. I think with the resources that pf has it would be a great idea to look into. It's one thing for the staff to get involved and actually make it happen though. Maybe try putting it to a vote, i think it could be very profitable as well which would make up for the time and effort and making this happen.
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Apr 26, 2015
      If this were 2 years ago I'd probably be all up on this. Not a fan that the game will probably end up like DayZ and be forever stuck in Alpha or whatever. 2 so years ago my performance in game was pretty good. Could get constant 30-60fps and on servers with about 40 so people on and tons of building and assets, even just before wipes. Now my performance is 12fps with fresh wipes, around lots of assets my game just crashes. Tony had made a rust server which some of his friends and I played on, it didn't do too bad IIRC. We'd get in randoms and new guys that we'd see log in pretty often. I gotta say though after following rust for like 3-4 years now the community is saltier than ever. I also hate the fact that servers wipe with every update weekly so everything you've grinded for a whole week is now gone.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Feb 27, 2012
        One server that i saw that did it pretty well did server wipes weekly, but Blueprint wipes monthly. It was pure vanilla and it is much harder for people to get a hold of C4 and Rockets now so you can actually go a reasonable amount of time without being raided, given that you've made yourself a decent base. The blueprint system coming back is by far the best thing that they've done, especially for a lot of people who can't no-life it because of jobs/school. I don't know if you've played it in the last like 2 or 3 months but they've drastically improved FPS for most people.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Oct 24, 2015
          I think we should keep this conversation alive for sure because I strongly believe it would be a good move with such a big and strong community to pull this off. Pf has so many member to populate a rust server and not only that if the server is set up right which i would be able to help make happen, it would bring people in that are not apart of the community in no time. I mean what is there to lose if it doesn't work out it's not like there is any money lost because i know the machine that yall run the servers on has to be strong enough to open a server on rust. I may be wrong but like Tony stated the blueprint system and the optimization has made the game so much more fun to play and it's ever growing with weekly updates. If you don't like the weekly updates you never played rust in the first place because it is nothing new and has always been that way.

All in all let's keep the discussion going on the pro's and con's of making a rust server through pf! I would love to hear more opinions from members and especially higher ranked staff.
          To whomever takes the time to read this discussion and comments, thank you for your time. :chic:
        • Jul 13, 2011

'open a rust server they said'
          • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
          • Oct 24, 2015
            Well i guess there isn't a lot of people interested in a rust server, i thought there would be more of a conversation for pro's and con's of making a rust server. If not rust why not open a server in something else that could ever grow the community even more. The reason i want to push this topic is because i play rust quite often, about every week. I noticed that a new server popped up out of nowhere and their community was based on gmod only but within one week their server was one of the most populated servers. The opportunity is there as i stated before but it depends on the members of this community being interested in something like this.
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Jun 17, 2014
              Fuck Vanilla. Causes a lot of rage quitting after you get raided for everything you own after 4 days of grinding for a stone base.

50x+ servers are better for population IMO. When you can hit one single barrel and get 3 rockets and 10 C4's, Shit starts to get fun.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Oct 24, 2015
                I agree about the vanilla server because it's a hard grind and everyone doesn't have time to invest that amount of time into a server like that. Also i don't know if 50 x would be good because a lot of battlefield servers have to deal with a lot of lag due to the high amount of entities and with 50x things will clutter up very fast. I say we do something in between vanilla and battlefield type server, like a 5x or 10x. All i know is that i would like to see some more input from other members!
              • May 31, 2012
                I've seen several attempts to host a Rust server, and even the leaders buying the game for a few of their players. Their efforts didn't work out :frown:
              • Jun 17, 2014
                100 Plane Drops is great inspiration :heart:
                • Like Like x 1
                • Jul 13, 2011

like, loot+,3x or 4x is PLENTY, with bi weekly or month long wipes.

and a clan system so the south can rise again
                • Oct 24, 2015
                  Yeah i agree with like a lower gathering rate like 5x or 10x with clans, also vip kits would give incentive to donate. Of course the vip kits have to be balance and not too op and there are many more things that i have in mind if a rust server were to open. I guess i can take the time and write them all out and then i'll post the ideas here soon.
                • May 27, 2008
                • Oct 24, 2015
                  If so i wasn't around for it and that's a shame because i think rust it's fairly easy to populate especially with a big community behind it.
                • Oct 25, 2012
                  Game is dying its lost more than 25% of its player base since they devs put twigging back in and the community hasn't recovered from it since I wouldn't tbh and the Viking Republic servers are decent
                • Oct 7, 2007
                  Nobody wants to play rust. Gtfo. Lol. For real tho.