Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Operating System update!

Discussion in Server Updates started by Kyle, Oct 23, 2012

1. Apr 9, 2007
    Our IPMI is down yet again, not allowing us to remote into our servers... All servers will be down except for the Web/Mumble/Database/Backup server.

Apparently after tech support looked at the screen, we have bad memory on SB1 so the downtime will be a bit longer. I'd estimate 15m of downtime, but it depends on when I get home.

Thanks for your understanding.

There's about 6~ months of rolling packages updates, so hopefully there's some improvement.
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
      Kyle, Oct 23, 2012 Last edited by Kyle, Oct 23, 2012
    • May 14, 2011
    • Apr 9, 2007
      NEVERMIND. Apparently LSN took SB1 offline.
    • Apr 9, 2012
    • May 14, 2011
    • May 30, 2012
    • Jul 8, 2012
      15 minutes. I think i'l survive. Thanks for the info!
    • Nov 11, 2011
      [IMG]
      • Funny Funny x 5
      • Jul 8, 2012
        If I wasn't at work for another half hour that would be me. lol.
      • Dec 30, 2006
        Did this happen before or after you asked me to restart it lol. I was still at school.
      • Apr 9, 2007
        Apparently this happened and ended before I knew about it. SB2 should still be cycled, and I'm going to do so in 24m. I'm going to see if there's a new kernel as well, I think we're old.
      • Aug 18, 2006
        • Like Like x 1
        • May 30, 2012

Edit; Up again.
          Kim, Oct 23, 2012 Last edited by Rovdyret, Oct 23, 2012
        • Apr 9, 2007
          Updated the OP, moved the topic to updates.
        • May 25, 2012
          I believe after this update the performance in the Zombie Escape server (Excuse me, I have yet to check the rest of PlagueFest's servers...) has been in general awfully bad. Lagging at random times. This has since been occurring for the past 6~ish hours at the time of this post... Maybe when the server was placed back up? I don't quite remember, But the server drops dead at random times and continues on. Quite an issue...

Server has an uptime of 4 hours 30 minutes. But it has been happening before it restarted and currently ongoing.
        • Jun 4, 2006
          [IMG]

Today's Stats:
          [IMG]

You are indeed correct, something is wrong. Server FPS dropped lower than it ever has, players go with it, frequent crashes... we'll definitely look into this, hopefully the culprit is found without too much digging. I have no idea what all the changes @Kyle performed today were, but he might have a good idea of what's causing it. I'll take a look myself, but unless I find anything conclusive I'm not going to touch it and instead wait for Kyle when he's next on. It may just be some stupid system setting that got turned on with the updates and needs to be off... :confused:
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Oct 20, 2012
            lol in zombie escape, we were at shroom and lvl 2, we beated pikachu and then ran but there was a huge lag and killed everyone
          • Aug 18, 2006
            Does the CPUFreq module still need to be manually loaded after each reboot, or is there an init script that does it now? Unless the following are set on boot, turbo mode will not enable:

modprobe acpi-cpufreq
            cpufreq-set -g performance

(IIRC)
          • Apr 9, 2007
            CPUFreq hasn't been used in forever :shock:

I think I remember what it is, I'll investigate on the bus. Thanks for letting me know.