Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:S Operating System update

Discussion in Server Updates started by Kyle, Dec 20, 2012

1. Apr 9, 2007
    It's that time again, we've synced with the official repositories and moved our kernel version up to the 3.6 series. The emulation layer (along with a bunch of other libs) were updated, so hopefully there's a performance win there. While we're expecting a CS:S update this week, it's possible it will be delayed again (probably forever :neutral:), so there may be more downtime ahead.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Feb 14, 2012
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Jan 12, 2012
      • Mar 20, 2011
      • Jun 11, 2012
      • Sep 6, 2010
      • May 25, 2012
        Perhaps this may or may not be related... Performance has been swell but throwing grenades while CT's are stacked together (For example, The elevator in ze_FFVII_Mako_Reactor_v5_3) heavily lags the server. It drops heavily to the point where I somehow managed to get several people through the map as they were going down in the elevator leaving them stuck when the server had the drop.

No, I didn't abuse this but more or less did it as a test as I've been noticing it being a bit more heavy again. Not sure when exactly it started but posting it here as it's not the normal everyday drop we used to have, A bit heavier. Passing through people doesn't seem to cause a drop, Just the grenades again.
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Apr 9, 2007
          Unfortunately this has been a problem for a while and is unrelated to this specific change. I'll do some perf monitoring later tonight, if I don't fall asleep.

Happy Holidays.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Sep 25, 2010
            I don't know if this helps or not but when a person throws a grenade a fire entity is parented to the grenade (or that's what it looks like) and damages players that touch that fire.

Merry Christmas!