Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Optimal team loadout

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Andrew, May 18, 2012

1. Apr 12, 2012
    Whats your opinion on the best loadout/gun distribution for a team? Not for any specific map, but for ZE in general.

I would say:
    50% p90
    25% m249
    10-15% autosniper
    10-15% pump shotty

also - in anyone's opinion, is the AWP superior to the autosniper on any map? Only one I can think of is Helms Deep.
  2. Mar 19, 2012
    pump shotties are near useless
  3. Apr 12, 2012
    close range/cades theyre pretty amazing

anything past 20 feet and theyre useless tho, yeah
  4. Mar 19, 2012
    shotguns have shit range, shit RoF, shit clip size, shit reload speed, shit running speed, but good knockback from 2 feet away (knifing distance).
  5. Apr 12, 2012
    True, true (but it is offset somewhat by the fact that you can fire in mid-reload), true (but again helped by mid-reload fire), didn't know you ran slow with a shotty (I use a para anyway so it wouldnt matter for me lol), and if you replace 2 feet with 10 feet then hell yes (that's why I think you only want a few of them per team, but they are BOMB in close cades/holds).

btw - you have to get the head with most of the bullets (8 per shot) for headshot to be effective, but you can get 4-6 of them to hit head at a range of 10 feet still.
  6. Mar 19, 2012
    As a zombie I've never been stopped by a shotgun :razz:

I say go m249 and p90
  7. Feb 9, 2012
    well shotguns are nice, but i think their main viability was in normal play. i dont see it being used too well in zombie. You gotta think...would u rather have 6 shotgunners, or do you think 6 more auto rifles/smgs would help out the team more in defense. Shotguns were made in normal so that if u had hit corectly, u can easily 1 shot someone while in zombie, the attack rate and constant reload kinda makes it lackluster. Sure a shot can easily knock back a zombie pretty well, but if 6 people are shooting it, then the zombie will fly and the whole group's usefulness drops liek crazy. now take an automatic gun...at close range people who can aim can easily start shooting the head and by the time their clip ends, they can probably send a zombie back about the same distance as 4 shotgun shots IF those shotgun shots were less than 10 feet away, but we know after a close range shot, zombies get further and further, so shotguns usefulness drops.

Sorry i don't know how to make sense of what im trying to get at, but all in all, i think id rather have 6 more automatic gunners than 6 shotgunners. I think shotguns are only viable in normal play.

Like with the awps...id rather have 2 gunners than 4 awpers, even if they can aim well. The awp was intended to have that ''1 shot 1 kill'' factor in mind. Sure it's great long range, but most of the other guns can hit pretty much the same range as well.
  8. Apr 1, 2012
    pump shotgun is beast on voodoo, especially on crouch holding spots.
    p90 is useful against bosses or for backpedalling.

on other occassions, I just love the classic m4a1/ak47.
  9. Jul 19, 2011
    I love pump in ze but the kb in pf is too low for it to be a viable weapon
  10. Aug 1, 2011
    The pump gun does NOT have shit range. It's range rivals SMGs.
  11. Apr 2, 2011
    Imma say this about the shotguns (both): Love them.
    Best Load-out for ZE:

Dual Pistols
    Five Seven

Personal Preference.
  12. Feb 9, 2012
    I think he meant team comp. what's the ideal composition for ze team. like x amount of people on sniper, y amount on auto, and z amount on shotgun etc.
  13. Mar 12, 2008
    each shotgun shell has 8 pellets, each counts as a bullet, each counts as a hit.

possible 8 hits per shot> 1 hit per shot.

do math.
  14. May 31, 2012
    SAW is only useful if people can sync reloads IMO. Having 3 SAWs firing at once is a sick knockback/dmg field but if they all stop then you are crippled. Things with lower reload times are better. I usually go for auto shotty or AK/M4/auto snipes with duelies or deagle. Also I dont think theres enough emphasis on this.

15. Mar 4, 2012

If you can actually aim with the deagle and get multiple headshots on a zombie you send them flying back pretty far. But IMO compact is the best in terms of pushing zombies back with headshots just because its so much easier to shoot.

The thing that hurts the Deagle is the most is that single stacked magazine. 7 rounds just isn't enough.