Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Resolved Orange @cancelvote abuse

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by [T_T], Jul 26, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 11, 2012
    Cancelling rtv map vote for no reason.
    Didn't even apologize.
  2. Feb 8, 2013
    Yes I did. No one knew if cancelvote even works for rtv's.
  3. Feb 1, 2011
    If you had asked someone (like an LSA), we would have been happy to tell you that it DOES work for rtv and is not a good idea to do...
  4. Feb 8, 2013
  5. Feb 3, 2012
    I joined the server a few moments after this occurred. Orange told me that he didn't know that @cancelvote worked on map votes. Can't really blame him for being curious IMO. Hopefully this will prove to other admins that it does.

EDIT:
    I didn't know either but who would try? :sarcastic:
  6. Feb 1, 2011
    Not knowing how a command works is no excuse for testing it out on a live server where it could have a negative impact. This is why LSAs are here to ask questions to, or the training server which is where you're allowed to screw around. This was the wrong way to find out about a command you don't understand.
  7. Jul 1, 2010
    As dilinger said, all it would have taken was asking an LSA and we could of told you that it worked. It was not something that had to be tested on a live server just because one other admin didn't know if it would work or not.
  8. sajak
    This message by sajak has been removed from public view. Deleted by Dharkk, Jul 26, 2013, Reason: Not relevant to this abuse report..
    Jul 26, 2013
  9. Taters
    This message by Taters has been removed from public view. Deleted by Dharkk, Jul 26, 2013, Reason: This one too.
    Jul 26, 2013
  10. Feb 8, 2013
    This was out of curiosity. My fault for doing so, but there isn't any specifics listed on the chart of the results of the commands. We don't get trained and taught what each command does. I've seen many admins using cancelvote.
  11. Feb 3, 2012
    He's only level 2. He can't make map votes.
  12. Feb 1, 2011
    Welp I guess that about sums things up. Orange you shouldn't have done this so the thread will be tagged Resolved. Thanks for the report T_T. :handcuffs:

For future reference - if you don't know how a command works, DO NOT test it out on a live server. Ask someone who does know, or go to the training server to test. If you can't find your answer, just don't use the command.
  13. Apr 9, 2007
Not open for further replies.