Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Resolved Orange [pF] Complaint

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Chainedlord, Apr 27, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 17, 2012
    1) Orange [pF] STEAM_0:0:61470582
    2) Abusing the admin command /spec @me to avoid possible deaths during the round keeping his rank in premium condition.
    (not the first time this has occurred)
    3) The below youtube video shows Orange moving himself to spectate during four different occasions. The second clip in the video shows Orange moving to spectate while near multiple zombies that were within knifing distance (avoiding death).

The raw demos are also included in this complaint if needed, however the raw demos do not show the scoreboard hence the reason I needed to use an external program such as fraps.

The video is unlisted on youtube for obvious reasons, only those with the link may view it.

Thank you,

Attached Files:

2. Feb 8, 2013
    This was not to avoid death.... I always go to spec to become a zombie. Everyone knows me. I'm always a zombie, but if you happen to think I did, I didn't. It wasn't my intentions to. Seventh knows that I do it to become a zombie every round... I don't play human.
  3. Oct 29, 2010
    Perhaps it would be wiser to go to spec at the beginning of the round to avoid these misunderstandings.
  4. Feb 8, 2013
    I usually spec right when zombies turn cuz I hop as a human. I really have no intentions of avoiding the death. I don't know why this would even count. I spec like RIGHT at the moment they turn, so why would that have effect on me?
  5. Dec 27, 2012
    I've played with Orange a lot. He doesn't do it to avoid deaths, he goes to spectate right after mother zombie spawns and joins the zombie team that way. It may be a way to keep his rank up but I'm sure he doesn't do it to avoid death.
  6. Feb 8, 2013
    Sometimes I like to bhop around with the humans to follow where they group... It's just my thing, but I really didn't mean to avoid death. That's not what I'd do. If I do that, I would be a hypocrite. I don't even support disconnecting to avoid death... That's silly.
  7. Jan 21, 2011
    He is doing it to avoid death because taking a death would diminish his precious rank. If he weren't avoiding death, he'd just let someone stab him.
  8. Feb 8, 2013
    This is not the matter of rank... How is it that I would know that fast that my whole team would turn and stab me? How bout if they are successful with their cading? It's just a habit of mine. If you tell me not to do that, I won't. I really didn't mean to do what you guys are thinking I did.

I'm rank 1... If anything, I'd take the death and lose 25 points... I've lost hundreds in rounds. I don't understand why I would be accused of avoiding death.
  9. Aug 17, 2012
    So this type of thing is allowed? Giving admins an unfair advantage over normal players?
  10. Oct 29, 2010
    A few weeks back, I had a few PF regulars express complaints to me about an admin--without fail--"abusing" (in their words) spectate to go exclusively zombie. But they would not name the admin.

I had my suspicions, but I never cared enough to follow up on them.

Intentions of the use of @spec @me (the stealthy version of !spec) might have been misinterpreted, but to do so for every instance leaves a poor impression to the rest of the server.
  11. Sep 14, 2008
    I've played with Orange a lot and I honestly have never caught him going into !spec to avoid death.
  12. Dec 27, 2012
    I'd like to butt in here a bit.
    I've played with Orange more than anyone. I KNOW he doesn't do it to avoid death, he joins spectate so that he can as quickly as possible play as a zombie. I do support Momos' idea that maybe he should stay in spectate until mother zombie spawns to avoid misunderstandings.
    You claim that he is avoiding death when you haven't really played that much with him on the server. Play with him on ZM and you might have some change of thoughts.
  13. Jul 20, 2010
    Admins shouldn't be using their commands to keep their deaths at 0 or aid in keeping a high rank. Because when you moved to spec and rejoined in the first part of clip you stayed at 5-0. Spec command should only be used for the purposes of moving yourself or players to spec if they are going to be afk for a while. Not to just avoid taking a death. If you like playing as a zombie then wait at spawn and get tagged. Perhaps a reset in rank, since you do love to rank whore and use spec to this advantage.

Who cares if you don't know if the CT's are going to turn and backstab you, it's the nature of the game if you don't want to run that risk cade by yourself like I used to do on zm.
  14. Feb 11, 2012
    I concur
  15. Sep 14, 2008
    We've been over this though. It's not illegal to go into spec at the beginning of every round so you can play as a zombie. It can get pretty boring as a ct and Orange waits to play until after the mother zombie has spawned.
  16. Aug 17, 2012
    The gamemode consists of two sides, why should such a thing not be illegal? It is an inconvenience to those non-admin players who are playing competitively to advance in ranks as well as making the rounds harder for the rest of the CT's adding additional zombies into the mix.
  17. Feb 18, 2011
    Yes he does it as mother zombie spawns but to avoid issues of him appearing to avoid being stabbed why not just spec then join once zombies spawn?
  18. Mar 12, 2008
    If this should not be here, please remove this.

I am just going to quote this. This on global rules page. I brought this up in the past too but nothing came of it. Would using an admin command via the SM plugin (an out of game method) apply here? SM is not something the average player can utilize.

Do not use out-of-game methods to avoid getting killed, muted, or gagged.
    This includes but is not limited to rejoining the server or going to spectate.
  19. Jul 20, 2010
    @Dani he does have a point, Orange is taking advantage of a command he has for being admins that donors and regular players don't have. Their option is to type retry in console or disconnect and come back but that adds a death to them upon joining. Where as spec won't.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.