Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Not Abuse ORANGE-THE LAST TANGERINE RACISM!

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Vitaminpwn, May 9, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 11, 2007
    1) The name of the admin possibly abusing his powers is ORANGE-THE LAST TANGERINE.
    2) At 3:05 PM today MST, ORANGE was attempting to correct another player accusing them of saying the n word (see attached picture), but in the process used the n world himself. Now, I dunno if admins are allowed to say the n word when attempting to enforce the rules, but if they aren't then i'm glad I posted this because admins should be held to the same standards as regular players and i'm offended by his racist remark. I know for a fact that players aren't allowed to say it even if they mean good intention, and admins warn them for doing so all the time. Lastly, I never saw ORANGE be warned for his activities in public chat, and in other instances i've seen higher ranking admins warn lower ones if they do something wrong.

Attached Files:

2. Apr 9, 2007
  3. Jan 21, 2011
    That wasn't supposed to be in admin all chat, he just failchatted. We were discussing it in admin only chat. Hopefully, it won't happen again.

Its enforced as he said it.
  4. Feb 11, 2007
    @ Kyle the reason I assume it's fact is because i've seen admins warn players about doing it when they're clearly just trying to support the admin against racism. Are you saying that it IS allowed then based on management policy?
  5. Dec 17, 2007
    well here's the thing…and that it was meant for admin private chat and i goofed and accidentally put it in admin public chat…seeker was asking if ares said the word "nigger" over the mic…i was trying to tell seeker that no he didn't he said the word "faggot"…this was meant for admin private chat and not public view…however i do not know vitamin or understand why he decided to post this over 6 hours later…but none the less it is here…and like i said this was not meant for public view but instead trying to inform an LSA of the fact that another admin did not say the word that he was accused of saying
  6. Apr 9, 2007
    Why are you drawing conclusions? Where from? The rule covers racism, the rule doesn't cover words. Context-less falls to the connotation behind the word, if someone's breaking the rules, and you say said word they said to assist someone; from where are you claiming this is a problem?

I'm really confused. It seems like you're grasping at something here; but it's just a stink?

Of course, Seeker probably knows better. I'm usually pretty hopeful for mankind, but then again, this thread exists.
  7. Feb 11, 2007
    @ ORANGE I understand you made a mistake and I just wanted to be sure. I am just getting sick of all the racism in the server lately. It's becoming worse and worse everyday now that summer time has come. No we don't know each other but I felt obligated to post something which is why I posted. I do the same thing for players via the player abuse report from time to time when i'm able to record.
  8. Dec 17, 2007
    here's the thing…is that i have zero tolerance for racism and i'm the first one to say something if a racial slur is mentioned…no harm was meant in this…simply trying to inform another admin of something someone else had said…i did goof and accidentally put this in admin public chat and will be more careful in the future…but like i said no racial intention was meant by this
  9. Apr 9, 2007
    If this is the case I would really like to hear about it. I've sent you a request on Steam.

With this thread though, especially because you added the "RACISM!" to the end (I mean, what's with the "!"? Really?), it seems like beyond a witch hunt.
  10. Feb 11, 2007
    @ Kyle I have the primary post of ORANGE which we now understand is mistake, but I also have an extension of the post asking you a question about racism rules, after you've stated that I was mistaken about players/admin not being allowed to say racist words with good intention. The assumption/conclusion I draw is that players/admins aren't allowed to say those words with good intention based on my experience in-game where i've seen admins warn players precisely not to do it, and it many cases even punished further for it. That is why I claim/assume it's a problem, because in-game admins clearly see it as a problem. I simply trying to understand what can really be said or not said in-game.
    Post Merged, May 9, 2014
    @ Kyle also yes I know you deal with lots of "witch hunters" on here but I wanted to define what my issue was clearly, and ORANGE spells his name in all capitals also so I wanted to be detailed.
  11. Dec 17, 2007
    99.99% of the time players repeating racial slurs are not saying it in "good intentions", they are only repeating it or "warning" just to say it and attempt to go around the no racism rule. If a player is actually warning about saying a racial slur, it as been my experience that they will say no racism or you can't say that, followed by "admin so and so said the n word". If a player is actually saying the full word then 9 out of 10 times they are just saying it to repeat it and attempting to go around the no racism rule.

it seems like a witch hunt bc for one it's clear that no racism wasn't intended here, in fact it was and it clearly shows in your pic that it was one admin talking to another admin about what another person had said. Another thing is that it is put into the thread that I abused my commands in which case I clearly did not do such thing or abuse another player, this should've honestly been put into the contact CSA forum instead of the abuse thread. If another admin repeats something a player said to another admin to give them a clear understanding of what was said, then that is admin business. A reg player on the server that is repeating a racial under the impression of "good intentions" or "to warn", 99.99% is not and is just repeating the word in order to go around the racism rule. Not to mention if there is admin on and someone says a racial slur, there is no reason for a reg player to get involved bc the admin will already be handling it.
  12. Feb 27, 2012
    You should sit in ZE lately, it's even worse there.

It's easier to just stop people from using slurs at all. If we allowed people to just say "what up nigga" or something along those lines, then people would slowly start getting worse and worse with it, slowly crossing the line. Then they'll start say "i didn't mean anything racist by it!" and everything is just left up to admin discretion about what is bad and what is good, which is no good for the players. Eliminating using the slurs at all is probably the best thing at all, because there is always "that guy" to make everything more difficult than it has to be.

This just seems like a complete misunderstanding. All the admins fail chat once in a while, and it seems like Tangerine just did it at a really bad moment. I'm going to mark this as Not Abuse, as it was just a misunderstanding. @Vitaminpwn if you do catch an admin using racial slurs, we would greatly appreciate it if you let us know, either in Admin Abuse or Contact Senior Admins. And as always, make sure you bring evidence forth when you do let us know. Thanks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.