Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Overplayed Maps Idea

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by SpiderFly, May 11, 2012

1. Apr 27, 2012
    i have an idea to stop overplayed maps getting more overplayed and so we could try new maps by removing mako, pred and paranoid for maybe one week and see how it turns out
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Nov 29, 2010
      a risky proposition as they are our most popular maps
    • Jul 1, 2010
      Don't think this is a good idea, a majority of the people on the server love those maps and I think there would be a lot of complaining that I, and I'm sure others, just don't want to have to deal with. I played multiple maps this morning that weren't mako, pred or paranoid, and I see no issues with those maps being played when they become available.
    • Feb 14, 2012
      I don't think the roots here feel the need to kill the server population by removing the most popular maps to please a small and very annoying mob. As said before in the 50 other threads @jookbob has made on the subject these maps fill servers. People like them. Very much.
    • Mar 4, 2012

And this is a pretty bad idea IMO. The only problem with overplayed maps is when the server crashes and the "recently played map" feature resets. When they solve the problem of the server crashing so many times it'll solve the problem of maps being overplayed.
    • Feb 20, 2011
      Seriously, what the dick man. These maps get "overplayed" because they're good, the other maps don't get played because most of the time they aren't that enjoyable, especially for multiple rounds, so if people aren't bitching that we're on a map that's been overplayed, they're bitching that the map we're on sucks.
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • May 14, 2011
        Bad idea. (no offence) I love these maps. If you feel they are overplayed then i think you may be spending a bit to much time playing css in one go. Explore different game modes and hf there. There are loads of maps you might enjoy but not yet know about :razz:
      • Nov 16, 2011
        Alright. As much as I would LOVE for this to happen, these are most likely the most popular maps on our server. Removing them would get ATLEAST 50+ people bitching and yelling at the roots to add them back and most likely drop our population for that time.
      • DopeScope
        This message by DopeScope has been removed from public view. Deleted by PeNguiN, May 11, 2012, Reason: Rude and un-necessary.
        May 11, 2012
      • Apr 12, 2012
        Please let it go man, no need to tag him.

What if instead of removing them you just increase the time needed for the map to be nominated again? I love pred but wouldn't mind seeing this.
      • Oct 29, 2010
        Even still, you asking that we deliberately go against what the bulk of our player base would want, I just don't see how this could even be considered.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Apr 12, 2012
          Very true Momo. Maybe you should follow the bulk of the player base and make it mako/pred/minas 24/7? :razz: I kid
        • May 15, 2011
          How 'bout no. No discussion needed. Just a plain and simple, no.

Why change what's already good? -Stolen from someone on the forums
        • Oct 24, 2011
          Lol you guys should take out the overplayed maps for one day just to see what happens, i think it would be funny for a prank or a joke. The outcome may be interesting lol.... i dont see any thing bad happening if you do it for one day.... but wutev theyre good maps tho
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Apr 27, 2012
            well i like these maps very much too but all i just wanted to see us play other maps which are very good too plus i dont mind if you disagree with this was just a suggestion :smile:
          • Feb 21, 2007
            well pred has been removed for the time being, meaning that the server should crash alot less, meaning the maps will require the full 8 maps rotation before getting played again.

I do not see a need to do anything further.
          • May 14, 2011
            So sad that map had to be removed:crying: :frown:
          • Nov 2, 2011
            It only got removed due to repeatedly crashing the server :frown:

Anyway, majority always wins, majority of the players loves predator, mako, minas, paranoid so why go against what most of the player base wants?
          • Mar 19, 2012
            Pred is our most popular map by far with like 33% of the play time on the server. Pred has been removed for like a week now and I have yet to see riot. I think it would be a good idea maybe for just like 3 days so that people can try and enjoy different maps out for once.
          • Mar 19, 2012
            Almost always mako is only voted because of 1 spammers. NOT the majority. then more mako lovers join and extend the map from there. He is not asking to completely remove them forever. just for a short time so people can try out something different.
          • Apr 29, 2011
            IMO, the people don't extend because they like the map, but because we (mic users) tell them to. People are like cattle.

Anyways, like rets said, you will end up playing other maps with that 8 cooldown.
            • Winner Winner x 2