Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Not Abuse P@P@_ROASTER - Trigger happy admin

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by zephyr, Aug 21, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 21, 2012
    "[pF] P@P@_ROASTER" STEAM_0:1:44203146 ok, look at the screenshots. an admin kicked a player for using the word "nigga" (no previous verbal warning, no anything else.) i assumed he was not familiar with the meaning of the word and said "nigga really isnt racist though". P@P@_ROASTER then decided he would gag me because i said that (notice i wasnt even speaking to him, i was speaking to the other admin which had kicked the guy which i assumed wasnt familiar with the word, P@P@_ROASTER then decided he would gag me for it.). the guy which was initially kicked was now criticizing the admins telling them "nigga" wasnt racist, etc etc.P@P@_ROASTER then decided he would ban the player for 1 hour.

Now, when i made the observation that the word "nigga" wasnt racist, wouldnt it be enough for them just to say "no, we consider it racist. dont use it again." instead of gagging me?The same admin when criticized by the other player which was kicked decided to ban him for it. was this really necessary?i was gagged for no reason, the guy got banned for criticizing the admins about their actions (the stated reason was "Douchebaggery"). not sure this is enough to get his admin powers removed, but i want P@P@_ROASTER atleast to recognize he was too trigger happy in using his admin powers.
  2. Jul 1, 2010
    Using the word, even in a question, is still using the word. This is against the server rules. You could have easily asked the question without saying the word.

I'm still currently reading through the console screenshots that you posted.
    Dharkk, Aug 21, 2012 Last edited by Dharkk, Aug 21, 2012
  3. Aug 21, 2012
    ok, maybe i could have said it without using the actual word, but i honestly believed (still believe) that it is not racist. moreover, quoting the rules:
    he should atleast have warned me. there was no warning, i got gagged. for making an observation (to another admin) i honestly believed to be true (again, i assumed the guy was not familiar with the word) and P@P@_ROASTER materializes out of nowhere and with no warning decides he would gag me....
  4. Jul 14, 2010
    You witnessed someone get kicked for saying n'word, and then used it. I would think it's common sense that if someone got kicked for something then you would take that as a warning not to do what they just did.

Edit: Syke: the admins on this surver really need to get some pussy fuckin vergin bitch ass people in dis shit

The guy banned was, in fact, being a douchebag.
    PeNguiN, Aug 21, 2012 Last edited by PeNguiN, Aug 21, 2012
  5. sajak
    This message by sajak has been removed from public view. Deleted by PeNguiN, Aug 21, 2012, Reason: Not Involved -_-.
    Aug 21, 2012
  6. Jun 2, 2012
    I warned syke by saying "no racsim" in admin chat then syke said the word again so i kicked him for it. There was a warning for everyone b4 you got gaged.
  7. Feb 21, 2007
    You are correct, it may have been more appropriate for him to say that. However, keep in mind, that quite often players will troll admins by doing just what you did, in an attempt to spite/troll the admins. We will need to wait @P@P@_ROASTER to reply
  8. Jul 16, 2012
    Sorry for the delayed response, bouncing back and forth between my computer and IRL right now.

Going to give a rundown of what happened before I gagged you.

Sykes was in the server being abusive towards players and admins and then he escalated to being racist. Kebito warned & kicked him for it. After he was kicked for using the N word again, you proceeded to say "N really isn't racist though". While I do admit I should have warned you prior to the gagging, you should have at least known some-where in your brain that saying it after seeing someone be kicked & warned for it that you shouldn't of said it.
    Along with that, if you'd read about mid-way through your first image, Kebito warned the next person to be racist would be banned. I high-lighted a semi-circle around it.

To clarify this, Kebito warned Sykes to not use racist terms in the server via Admin Chat.

To add this in, I do not believe I was trigger happy. As admins here it is our job to ensure everyone in the server is treated fairly and that everyone follows the rules and to punish those that do not.
    Haystack94, Aug 21, 2012 Last edited by P@P@_ROASTER, Aug 21, 2012
  9. Aug 21, 2012
    everything is sorted out then as far as i am concerned. i know being an admin can be frustrating as hell sometimes and thick skin is needed, but i consider that a "part of the job description".
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.