Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Pack an SM plugin?

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Tony Montana, Jun 24, 2012

1. Jul 4, 2011
    Would it be possible to pack one into a map and have it load each time the map is played? I have no experience with source mod plugins but I want to do is disable the radar/hide enemies for everyone while playing the map and maybe if possible, a command that allows you to see yourself in thirdperson via a command. As far as I know, this is not possible in hammer.
    null, Jun 24, 2012 Last edited by Tony Montana, Jun 24, 2012
  2. May 14, 2011
    I don't think you can pack a pluggin into a map however you can give it alongside a map as many of the advanced maps already do.
  3. Aug 18, 2006
    It's not possible to pack in to the map and have SourceMod execute it, however, it is possible to have a normal SourceMod plugin activate and deactivate on a certain map.
  4. Jan 14, 2012
    Looks like you can't hide radar without people being able to enable it themselves again. For 3rd person are plugins available, but thats a sv_cheats 1 option, so I dont think the roots will like that...
  5. Jul 4, 2011
    Not even if you put it in the same directory but in the map or have a cfg of some sort that calls for the plugin?

The original HnS mod hides enemies and enables thirdperson on command without sv_cheats on. I do have some entities that hides the hiders on the radar but it's not perfect.
    • Agree Agree x 1
      null, Jun 24, 2012 Last edited by Tony Montana, Jun 24, 2012
    • Dec 3, 2011
      You can make plugins and run them via the map with a command or function, but yet again it is almost not possible because most servers would block it or not accept it that people build in plugins and basicly they will not 'like' to have the map in the rotation.
      You can make a seperate folder with the plugin and letting group owners know they can use the plugin as an extra feature but still give them the possibility to play without it also.

Also, not ALL plugins can be packed, it depends what kind of plugin and what kind of code u are using.
    • Jan 28, 2012
      I don't know what cvar this is, but you should be able to change the spectate options so that you can only view the people on your team after you die. Also alltalk would need to be off so alive people can't see dead people. These could be put into a cfg for the server that would be loaded whenever your map is played.
    • Jul 4, 2011
      I've already made it so you can only spectate your team when dead, and I prefer to have alltalk on.
      • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
      • May 15, 2011
        When they are trying to ban your players, yes, they don't like it. If you're playing with settings like showing the map or making a team view 3rd person, go nuts. As long as no malicious intentions are being made, no one really cares.
      • Dec 3, 2011
        They care, example bloodprimes map, he uses a seperate plugin just for some basic stuff and so far i know not one single server liked the seperate plugin, they all installed the map on the server without the plugin, so yes, they dont like it.
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Apr 9, 2007
          You can, but this is not preferred at all. Valve's FileSystem interface sucks.

You'd also be breaking the GPL, if you didn't provide the source. What are you trying to accomplish?
        • Jul 4, 2011
          Basically have a plugin that loads with the map each time you play it without first having to install it. Is it possible to load a plugin like that from a directory in the map?
        • Aug 18, 2006
          Are you talking about running a plugin from outside the plugins folder? I've never tried it. If it IS possible, you would have to backtrack to another directory and use a path/to/file. SourceMod plugins are stored in cstrike/addons/sourcemod/plugins, so to load another plugin, theoretically, assuming SourceMod even supports this method, You'd do have the map execute

../../../maps/plugin_name

But there's the issue of unloading it on map end, and I am not sure how some server owners would feel about having a map load and unload plugins.

There are better ways to do the same thing. A custom plugin can be coded that remains loaded at all times, and have it simply activate when a HnS map loads (A simple map prefix check in OnMapLoad or something).
          • Good Idea Good Idea x 1