Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Paranoid, the spawn issue.

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by 3DG, Feb 12, 2011

1. Feb 12, 2011
    I really think the spawn times on paranoid should be dramatically decreased, and that only 1 zombie should spawn.
    The selection system was not made for nothing, it is to make a balanced starting team, but if you have multiple zombies, they can all get a gate and you can before you even start, get over 3/4th of the humans as zombie.

Same could be said of other maps, like mako reactor, however, I haven't played on it so I'm not sure if it is already fixed here.
    Only 1 zombie should spawn, and the spawn times should be after 15 seconds AT LAST.
  2. Feb 21, 2007
  3. Apr 4, 2009
    Not sure what you're trying to say about the zombies getting in front of the humans when it teleports them back to spawn.
  4. Aug 25, 2009
    Yeah..dont the zombies in ZE get teleported back to spawn ONCE the transformation is complete?
  5. Feb 12, 2011
    The problem with paranoid though, is that it has it's own zombie group selection system, with multiple zombies spawning, and after longer than 30 seconds, the map will break.
  6. Aug 18, 2006
    I fixed the paranoid spawn issue. One zombie spawns ~10-15 seconds in to the round.
  7. Feb 12, 2011
    Is there any chance you can do the same thing @ mako reactor, because it was supposed to be that way there too.
    The carts were to force infection.
  8. Aug 18, 2006
    I can tweak the Mako spawn times as well. Although I want to test the changes in real time so I can fine tune the settings appropriately.

It seems like spawning a zombie while everyone is in a train would be very chaotic, especially when people leave the train - mass zombifications would take place?
  9. Feb 12, 2011
    The point of the spawning system in mako was the same concept as in paranoid, just done differendly.
    On mako reactor, the made was made keeping in mind that only 1 zombie would spawn, and infect the train, or the train would keep the zombie on the other side.
    This will make it alot more challenging or easier than it used to be, and people won't be standing around in the train like : "When can we get out?"
    But rather get ready to shoot the zombie away from them, that will make the spawnzone abit more fun and challenging too.
    After all, the map wasn't made to be easy to beat.