Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Paranoid

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by 3DG, Oct 4, 2011

Should paranoid be re-added?

Yes 19 vote(s) 70.4%
No 7 vote(s) 25.9%
Unsure 1 vote(s) 3.7%
  1. Feb 12, 2011
    I think paranoid should be re-added, regardless of the (possible) crashes. It is a huge population grabber, that doesn't get old, like we've seen @ minas already. Minas lost its shine, theres 2 maps that will never completely lose their shine, being mako reactor and paranoid. These are generally the maps that are always considered fun by the majority of the people.
    Thus, I really suggest re-adding paranoid.

http://rafuron.wordpress.com/downloads/hannibal-maps/ <---------- DL links to all of hannibal's maps.
  2. Jun 7, 2011
    I so agree with this. Paranoid is one of the greatest most underrated maps in zE. I dont understand why it was taken off. Predator used to crash the server all the time and no1 cared
  3. Jul 4, 2011
  4. Oct 27, 2010
    Why not wait until the new version? As Ray said:

5. Feb 12, 2011
    Hannibal isn't going to make it, as how it looks now.

However, if he makes it it'll take quite some time since he will only release it after ALL of his other objectives are done. (Ie. last man stand) Waiting is not worth it in this case.

About the crashes, it MAY crash occasionally, but really, why would that be a reason to remove a map. Looking back, predator used to crash alot too, it didn't get removed either. Minas constantly bugs the physics, not getting removed either. Is there really a reason NOT to put it on the server?
  6. Jan 21, 2011
  7. Oct 27, 2010
    I liked the map but, while I don't play ZE as often as some others, I can't really remember that map not ending in a crash :/

I could be wrong though, and if I am it would be great to have more variety in the ZE server.
  8. Feb 12, 2011

To 127001, the problem is with the amount of entities. It ends up crashing if it overflows. That happens when the server gets over 45 people.
    That isn't too likely to happen lately.
  9. Oct 29, 2010
  10. Jul 14, 2010
    The servers have gone through hardware upgrades since the map was removed. If the high amount of players is the cause for the crash, then it should be less consistent.
  11. May 11, 2011
    we should put it back it was one of the best maps
  12. Mar 13, 2010
    I can kinda agree with this. We really don't have AS big a population as it's back to school time. It's mainly just regulars who have been around for years or are in college/professionals who have a set schedule that play as a means to chill out.

In short, we should readd it and give it another shot. See how it goes.
  13. Feb 21, 2007
    paranoid was taken off due to the constant crashing. The map maker has not had any plans to fix this. On the contrary, other maps which have crashed (and we still had) were updated and fixed by their map maker.
  14. Feb 12, 2011
    The *constant* crashing was because our ze server was always populated, thus meaning it would crash once the player count hits over a certain amount.
    As that amount is not surpassed easily anymore, I don't think it's a big problem anymore.
  15. Feb 20, 2011
    But didnt you say Paranoid will draw the players in? And then what happens? Predator has been removed before, until an updated version was supplied, and Minas was also removed briefly.
    Paranoid used to crash on the Ze2 server with 7 people running through it.
  16. Oct 29, 2010
    Can we prod Hannibal to fix the map for us one last time?
  17. Aug 12, 2011
    If the server's been upgraded since Paranoid was last tested, it couldn't hurt to try again.

Paranoid works fine on many servers with a high player count, crashing with 7 people sounds out of the ordinary.

Paranoid's second only to Mako (in my opinion), a lot of people would love to play it, so it's worth giving it another shot.
  18. Jan 11, 2011
    There was indeed a new version of Paranoid planned before/after Minas Tirith; but right now looks like it's not getting updated anytime soon.
    Hannibal doesn't feel like it and he already started his next (and probably last) ZE map: Last Man Standing. I tried to make a full remake of Paranoid (since it gots some bad programming under the surface due to our lack of knowledge when we started it and many core changes) but if I try to do it alone I get bored and ends like all my maps: abandoned. XD

You can try adding it again if many people want it; and see if it keeps crashing you that much (which shouldn't).
    Also, crashes are not that big of a deal imo; and they fix the bugged physics :razz:
  19. Jan 30, 2011
    I too vote for us to try out Paranoid again, each round is different, making for fun and exciting gameplay and survival.
  20. Jun 4, 2006
    lol @ you trying to throw the crash blame onto the server and off the map, it's entirely the map's fault.