Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Paranoid_Ultimate Removed.

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Ray, Mar 27, 2011

1. Aug 18, 2006
    Yes, I know. It's a popular and well-liked map. It's been removed for a reason. The server crashes on this map constantly, and for the sake of trying to stabilize the server and trying to fix crash issues, the map will remain off the server until further notice.
  2. Jan 11, 2011
    Allow me to impress upon you the severe mistake you have made...
    For years, my conduct has been largely benign, and yet, without provocation, you have severed our détente... and forced me to unleash upon you the vengeful flame of a thousand suns!
    You shall curse your mother for the day of your birth!
    So go now… Go! And begin your life of fear...
    Knowing, that when you least expect it, the looming sword of Damocles will crush down upon you cleaving you in twain!
    And as you gaze upon the smoking wreckage that was once your life, you will regret the day, you deleted, the wrong, map.

Nah. It's cool. A new version of Paranoid is planned after Minas Tirith is released and stable.
    We are well aware not only about the crashing problems (wich I must admit aren't that usual anymore imo; but maybe your big server crashes allways when full), but also about big glitches and bugs (like the nuke of Reverse Mode and the Turtle Problem) and things that can be exploited too easily (like The Crow).

Also we are planning on reworking and adding some stuff.
    But its gonna be a while until that version... Minas Tirith comes first and it stills needs quite some work.
  3. Feb 18, 2011
    There are bound to be some complaints even though it is a decent map, crashes the server but it is your server and your choice so if people don't like it they can play elsewhere.
  4. Aug 18, 2006
    That's not exactly my philosophy, the players should have the final say in most situations. except for this, because it breaks the server. It will be readded ASAP.
  5. Sep 25, 2010
    And predator? shouldn't that be removed too?
  6. Mar 14, 2011
    It's a shame. I hope it's back at pF soon, it's actually one of my favorite maps.
  7. Feb 12, 2011
    Even with a full server predator doesn't crash anymore :wink:
  8. Feb 21, 2007
    I uploaded the latest version one or two days ago.
  9. Mar 13, 2010
    Yeah, I was playing predator with like 56 people on, and it ran pretty well. No crashes or bugs. Predator fucking stays. :verymad:
  10. Mar 4, 2011
    Aw now i can't rape humans :frown: . Detonater stop trying to take all the fun maps away from me!! /wrist
  11. Aug 19, 2010
    What ever happened to Rooftops? Spacestation? Old school maps, low res. Easy to learn, fun to play. Lately players have been complaining because I have been making map votes that incorporate the unplayed maps on the server and I say TOUGH cookies. Those maps are there to be played evenly in the rotation as well. I was a little dissapointed to see Paranoid missing after the last crash, but its for the best I'll take Ray's word on it. Maybe we could delete Mako and just set up a 24/7 Mako escape server since everyone wants to play it all day long, Haha Jk. All Im saying is the other maps need love too, and I plan to give it to them, makes me feel nostalgic and warm. Eventually, after 6 years of being an escape artist, I developed disgust for EVERY map that is currently on the server, but it is still healthier yet, to keep things random and exciting with the rotations. Paranoid, you will be missed.

12. Dec 18, 2010
    I miss paranoid too,it is my favorite map because it`s not repetitive like the other maps so you can`t get bored.
    I dont really know why paranoid was removed,i understand that sometimes crashes the server but with or without paranoid map the server will still crash so there is no way to stabilize the server and fix the crash issues,it won't make any difference.

Agree with you,we are playing too much lotr maps,mako and predator.

This would be great.

//I am not complaining,i was just sayin and Ray i hope you will,good luck.
  13. Feb 21, 2007
    we dont keep maps in rotation that crash the server....no quit complaining about it. It will come back when it gets fixed. Same thing with spacestation, crashes. And i dont agree with mako server...
  14. Aug 19, 2010

The whole mako thing was a joke, emphasizing how obnoxious it is to play that map as much as we do. Total joke, calma. I don't agree with you on the space station bit Ive never seen it crash. I think any map is more prone to glitching and crashing based off of population... respectfully.

15. Aug 18, 2006

Paranoid consistently crashes. That's why it was removed. Server crashes are bad for server population. It does make a difference.

And trust me, our other servers are perfectly stable. If you think I can't fix all the server crashing issues, you're wrong.
  16. Aug 19, 2010

Damn, he went all BOLD on yo a$$, lol. Ray will make it streamlined, all the maps will work well in contrast to the past, vedy vedy soon, I have faith. I can't wait for that new Minas Tirith map. Should be an exciting one.