Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Partnership for a map.

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Orange, Apr 2, 2016

1. Feb 8, 2013
    Hello PlagueFest, Orange present. Just wanted to share with you peeps a little of what I've added in my portfolio about a couple months back, but before that, I'd like to bring up the old map that I have given up on and I believe I owe an apology to the people who I have upset and let down because they were looking forward to the completion of the map. I know I've neglected you guys for all the times you've asked how the map was coming along because I couldn't bare with myself not being able to put up with it anymore. After the incompetent being of myself, not being able to finish the first map, I decided I had an idea for a second map, starting from scratch. I was doubtful if I'd ever finished before I even started and I'm here, yet again, with a unfinished project.

I've given this project a name, had things planned out to just what I want, and spent hours creating the ideas from my head. I want to trust myself as a person with patience, but mapping is not something I'd apply my patience towards (maybe at first, I would). Maybe I'm not the only one? Anyway, I'm seeking partnership, perhaps a simple collaboration to get the job done. I keep myself at a high expectation level, so I'm looking for someone who has the knowledge to work with Hammer and of intellect. This was a project I wanted to bury, not come out with and ask for help, but something is bugging the hell out of me when I have put in hours of effort just for it to go to waste, so instead, I'd like to reveal this of mine to someone who's interested in joining me to 100% fully complete this map. What I'm asking is for you to share your ideas with me, but at the same time, I already have in mind everything that I've planned for this map. You just have to make it happen.

I did take screenshots within Hammer, but did not load it up in game, but it's just so you can get the idea. I am confident it is beautiful in game. The map is pretty gigantic as you can see if you compare the entity/human with the entirety of it. Do note that very few things are final at this stage, so the textures and everything will be changed. You also don't have to tell me the map looks dull because I have already considered making it that way - fifty shades of grey. The reason why I didn't make the rest of the brown texture grey is because it's easier to differentiate from other blocks when I'm working in Hammer. I made every single little thing myself so far, from door hinges to poles to wires to bolts, nuts and screws. The blue stuff are boosters, just in case you're wondering. It looks like a CPU overall. Not going to explain to you guys everything about what I'm doing, unless you're really up to finishing it with me. For the major details of the map, I'll leave that when the map is actually set to go.

For partnering up, you have my word 100% that I'll work with you until the end, so you don't waste any of your time either. At least I hope not. I don't have high hopes of finishing it because there might not be anyone that wants to assist me, so... if that's the case...

A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y & Z. Now I know my ABC's, next time won't you sing with me?

...but srslee. Need some help.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
    • Programming King Programming King x 1
      Orange, Apr 2, 2016 Last edited by Orange, Apr 2, 2016
    • ℙᴀᴛɪᴇɴᴛ ℤᴇʀ☣
      This message by ℙᴀᴛɪᴇɴᴛ ℤᴇʀ☣ has been removed from public view. Deleted by Momo, Nov 3, 2016, Reason: Necro.
      Nov 3, 2016